General Discussion Race Reports! » Tri-ing for Children's Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Tri-ing for Children's Sprint Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Eagle, Wisconsin
United States
Tri-ing for Children’s
Total Time = 1h 30m 23s
Overall Rank = 168/
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 11/40
Pre-race routine:

Slept at my aunts so we were only 5 min away from the race. Luck for us coming in from the west so we were not stuck in the parking line(sorry someone dropped the ball on that one!) Talked with a bunch of donks and some of my tri club members from the Y. Ate a fiber bar and had 2 cups coffee, 1/2 banana, drank a muscle milk and some water. Later had a gel about 1/2 hour before the start of my wave.
Event warmup:

Did a few running drills and ran about 1/2 mile jumped into the water and swam a bit.
Swim
  • 10m 11s
  • 440 yards
  • 02m 19s / 100 yards
Comments:

started out too far on the outside and never made it into the group to catch any draft. Although I will say this was my best sighting in an OWS.
What would you do differently?:

start more in the inside.
Transition 1
  • 02m 46s
Comments:

better then last year but still need to work on this!

more practice!
Bike
  • 48m 42s
  • 15 miles
  • 18.48 mile/hr
Comments:

I pushed myself a little more on the bike then usual. I stayed down in aero for most of the ride which is a first for me! Felt good around the turns. Toes still went numb. Need to get that checked.

More time in the saddle!
Transition 2
  • 01m 52s
Comments:

toes were numb so took a bit to get my shoes on but still very happy with this time!

continue practicing transitions, figure out why the toes go numb on the ride.
Run
  • 26m 54s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 39s  min/mile
Comments:

run was very flat, couldn't feel the toes for the whole run, making pushing off hard to do. Never felt like I opened up but am happy with the time. Would have like to see a water station at the turn around. First time I didn't have my fuel belt and I could have used some water.

keep the fuel belt. Figure out why the toes go numb, do more bricks.
Post race
Warm down:

walked around with hubby, kids, Y tri-club members and donks. Got in line for food but wasn't ready for a sandwich would have like to have some fruit. came back later and had a ham/turkey wrap (ran out of buns) Also missed out on the cookies! BUT made up for it with the beer!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Training the last month has been less then stellar. Just couldn't find my mojo lately but am happy with my race and PR'd by almost 2 min!

Event comments:

Love the race itself very nice lake, good course and the peeps are the best but this year seemed less organized. The parking was a mess, I talked with our lifeguards(they were from my Y) said the needed more out there, know the bike had to be changed but HWY 67 was not fun to ride on! Needed water at the turn around of the run. With all that said I will be back next year as will my kids! We still had a blast!

Last updated: 2009-07-23 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:10:11 | 440 yards | 02m 19s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/40
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Run Plus:
Water temp: 70F / 21C Current: Low
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Bad
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 02:46
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:48:42 | 15 miles | 18.48 mile/hr
Performance: Good
Wind: Some
Course: along country roads with some hills(more then last year) HWY67 was rough!
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 01:52
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:26:54 | 03.11 miles | 08m 39s  min/mile
Performance: Good
Course: very flat....not enough water.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? No
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2009-07-28 9:27 PM

User image

Elite
West Allis, WI
Subject: Tri-ing for Children's Sprint Triathlon
It was great hanging out with everyone before and after the race! It really was a great feeling to see so many people I knew and hear my name being called. Thanks to those that came out to strap! Stacy it was great rackin next to you and getting the warm up in! Pam thanks for giving a shout out on the bike even if you were flyin by me! Chris it was great seeing you out on the course and the rest of the donks, Jean, Lara, JimWebs, Jessy, Vitamin B, I know there is more!  (and forward dental even if they think I am crazy!) Thanks to Travis for taking all the pics and being nice and tall so I could spot the shore! Joerunner it was great seeing ya out there cheering us on, you too Sandi! Anyone else I missed sorry! It was a blast!

Edited by kimk 2009-07-28 9:38 PM

2009-07-29 3:26 PM
in reply to: #2314139

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Tri-ing for Children's Sprint Triathlon
You did awesome out there!!  And ha!! I told you that you looked good on the run! Your body was just lying to you. 

Your kids are also fantastic Sherpas... tell them thanks for carrying my shoes!  I saw your daughter right when I finished and she goes (with this little smirk) "oh, well hello!"  Very cute. 
2009-07-29 3:37 PM

User image

Master
Waukesha, WI

Great job Kim.  I get that numb feeling too.  I loosened my straps on my shoes and that seemed to do the trick. See you soon.

2009-07-30 2:51 PM

User image

Great Race Kim! yea, parking stunk!! what was that all about??
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Tri-ing for Children's Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed