General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hansen Dam Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2009-08-17 12:08 AM
in reply to: #2351921

User image

Veteran
The Beautiful San Fernando Valley in Sunny L.A.
Subject: RE: Hansen Dam Triathlon : Official Thread

TaylorB - 2009-08-16 4:38 PM

Fortunately the stuff that really matters... course, safety and timing... seemed to go well today.

I wished they would have coned off one side of the walkway on top of the dam. Pedestrians were on both sides and I was having to pass cyclists who were in the middle of the road. Also, I don't know who, if anybody, was monitoring the park entrance during the race but I had to thank a couple of pedestrians for deciding to not go into the crosswalk in front of me. They would have lost that one. ;-)

2009-08-17 11:48 AM
in reply to: #2352352

User image

Ventura County, California
hondo77 - 2009-08-17 12:08 AM

I wished they would have coned off one side of the walkway on top of the dam.

\

I wish they would have coned off the approach to the closed gate on top of the dam. I had my head down hammering and looked-up just in time to swerve into the small opening to the left of the closed gate.

2009-08-17 4:15 PM
in reply to: #2353284

I wish they would have coned off the approach to the closed gate on top of the dam. I had my head down hammering and looked-up just in time to swerve into the small opening to the left of the closed gate.

From what I found out later from my friend, he saw two guys crash at that opening. They later had it opened up fully when I got to it.

Just bad oversight, imo.  

Edited by Letmi 2009-08-17 4:16 PM
2009-08-17 10:41 PM
in reply to: #2322223

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sherman Oaks, CA

This was my 3rd year doing this race and it has grown each year.  The city really stepped up the efforts marketing it - it was huge!  i heard there were around 700 people.  wow.  anyway, they have never started on time (7am), so I expected the late start.  as far as disorganization, yes, they certainly need to figure some stuff out and get their sh*t together.  this was the first year they hired official event photographers.  not sure what the bike stickers were for - they should have put them on our helmets AND given them to us in our race bags/numbers...anyway, it is a fun local race that is fast and flat.  i'll keep doing it.  

2009-08-17 11:18 PM
in reply to: #2322223

User image

Veteran
It was fun and I plan to do it again for sure. I didn't think it was THAT disorganized.  I did think we should have been given the bike number with our race number, the day before or whenever you checked in. Oh, and they did run out of wrist bands then suddenly found a bunch, and some people said you need one and some said don't worry about it.  As for the late start, it was not nearly as late as I would have thought given how long the line was still at just minutes before 7:00 a.m., and once it got going everything was fine. They had a ton of volunteers and I was happy with the traffic control during the bike ride.  I felt really safe and just had a good time. Great way to start the day.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hansen Dam Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 2