General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bud Beatty Memorial Swim : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-06 9:38 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland
Subject: Bud Beatty Memorial Swim : Official Thread

Anyone else doing this swim this Sunday?  Should be interesting.  Nice to have a good swim around Baltimore.

Edited by kalalau 2009-08-06 9:38 PM

2009-08-17 9:39 AM
in reply to: #2333332

User image

Expert
MD
Subject: RE: Bud Beatty Memorial Swim : Official Thread
Did you do this swim?

I had planned on this year, both for the OW swim opportunity and because I support PanCan for personal reasons. But our family vacation was moved and I wasn't able to participate again this year.

I'm curious about jellies & sea nettles at that stretch of the bay in August - if they are a problem.

2009-08-17 10:16 AM
in reply to: #2352845

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland
Subject: RE: Bud Beatty Memorial Swim : Official Thread

econway - 2009-08-17 10:39 AM Did you do this swim? I had planned on this year, both for the OW swim opportunity and because I support PanCan for personal reasons. But our family vacation was moved and I wasn't able to participate again this year. I'm curious about jellies & sea nettles at that stretch of the bay in August - if they are a problem.

Hi,

Yep, did it.  It was a lot of fun, felt like a family gathering.  I checked the jelly website before the race and it looked pretty safe.  I think I read or heard somewhere that they really wouldn't be in this area at this time of year but I don't really know.  I have a race report in the database, just to get a report up on the site to promote next year's race.

You could tell who the triathletes were and who the swimmers were, because the triathletes had their game face on and thought it was wetsuit weather, where the swimmers were happy-go-lucky and thought it was too warm for a wetsuit.  Interesting combination. :-)  I picked the latter because I really didn't care about where I placed in this race.

The swim itself was a lot better than I was imagining it would be.  Not too crazy at all.  And for an event that was basically an inaugural year (5 people did it the year before), they ran it pretty well.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bud Beatty Memorial Swim : Official Thread Rss Feed