General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help Please. Scott CR1 Comp Vs. Cannondale CAAD9 5 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-21 9:42 PM

User image

New user

Jacksonville, Fl
Subject: Help Please. Scott CR1 Comp Vs. Cannondale CAAD9 5

First of all I would like everyone to know my wife and I are new to cycling. We just picked her up a Scott Contessa Speedster and now we are looking for a good beginner bike for me. I have narrowed it down to the Cannondale CAAD9 5 and the Scott CR1 Comp at my LBS. I have tested both of them and they both felt really nice. They are both on sale for the same price so money is not the problem on deciding. I just don’t know which bike would be the better choice. Any feedback anyone could give me would be great thanks everyone for the help. 

2009-08-21 10:44 PM
in reply to: #2363668

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
Subject: RE: Help Please. Scott CR1 Comp Vs. Cannondale CAAD9 5
CR1 is a carbon frame but lower end components.
Caad9 is aluminum frame with better (most of them anyways) components.

At the same price as a beginner... it's a toss up.

Personally, I want my road bike to be 105 + equipped with a carbon frame. Both are fine bikes at their price point.... in the end, If you are planning to keep the bike for a long time, I'd get the CR1, as it's frame will take you farther when you upgrade the components. If you are going to buy another bike in the next 2  years, or, don't get into the carbon hype... probably the CAAD9, since it already has 105 on it.
Both are highly praised bikes btw.
As a side note I have a CR1 team and love the way it climbs / rides.
2009-08-22 9:53 AM
in reply to: #2363668

User image

New user

Jacksonville, Fl
Subject: RE: Help Please. Scott CR1 Comp Vs. Cannondale CAAD9 5
Thanks Leegoocrap for your feedback.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help Please. Scott CR1 Comp Vs. Cannondale CAAD9 5 Rss Feed