General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Longhorn Quadzilla??? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-22 11:43 PM

User image

Subject: Longhorn Quadzilla???
So I have been seeing everything about Quadzilla, this is on the run correct? Anybody have pictures so i can see what i might be up against?? I would like to see pictures of these hills so i can try to find one that might be like it. Also are the hills on the run very big or just alot of them? Thanks.

2009-08-23 9:09 AM
in reply to: #2364607

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Longhorn Quadzilla???
Quadzilla is on the run (twice since it is a 2 loop course).  I am not sure of the grade of the incline, but I would say that it is a long, steady incline.  You also bike up a similar gradient at the end of the bike course right next to the folks that are running quadzilla inside the park (not on street where the parks are).

Other than that, there are lots of rolling type hills on the run.  I am sure someone more technical than me has the elevation charts for the bike and the run.  You might want to check in the Texas forum.
2009-08-23 10:22 AM
in reply to: #2364607

User image

Elite
Fishers, Indiana
Subject: RE: Longhorn Quadzilla???
The course has actually changed in that you won't ride up, but you still run up it twice. I don't have pictures of it show you, but it's not that it is that steep, it is just long.  A bonus is that it is not on pavement, so it's a little softer to get up and they have great support all the way up. Last year it was "super heroes" cheering you on the whole way.  I think if you just find a decent steep hill for some speedy hill repeats, and then a long, rising uphill, you'll be able to practice it well.  The rest of the course is rolling hills.  I wouldn't say they are super huge, but it's throughout that you hit them.  Some of the flatter parts are on the dirt, and the rolling hill on the road.  Again, during some of the more difficult parts, they have some great aid station support set up.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Longhorn Quadzilla??? Rss Feed