See Jane Run
85F / 29C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 28m 32s
Overall Rank = 332/731
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 58/126
Pre-race routine:

My usual, roll outtaabed, pee, dress, bagel breakfast in short drive to race. I'm spoiled with these Shadow Cliffs tris!

Got set up, found friends, settled in. felt like a pro, knew what was where. Race started for first wave, 25 mins 'til mine... cheered the first swimmers out and helped a few newbies in T1 ... then stillness. A woman had had a heart attack in wave 1, she was being rescued (report is she's recovering fine). So. An hour after my wave was supposed to start... it did. This was bad news for me and the hot day... but take what you can and go... I'd already been anticipating some struggle as this tri starts an hour later than the other 3 of the summer, but 2 hours later would be a bear.
Swim
  • 09m 4s
  • 400 yards
  • 02m 16s / 100 yards
Comments:

For me, not bad! not bad at all! And I was stuck behind a brillo-footed wetsuited gal for some of it, I might have pulled something a bit better, but this time is good for me. The sun was hard in my eyes after the last turn, but really, a good swim for me, strong and steady if not super speedy.
Transition 1
  • 02m 16s
Comments:

dashed outta the water adn saw Hope just ahead of me. cheered her on and dashed to my bike and was outta there.
Bike
  • 34m 27s
  • 10 miles
  • 17.42 mile/hr
Comments:

Bike seems to be my strong sport, at least I'm more FOP on my pacing than the other sports. And I know the route. zip.
Transition 2
  • 01m 2s
Comments:

again a quick T. I took the time for some extra water and dumping some on my head. Had I known how hot it'd be and how long to first water station, I might have packed ice/icy water for a good cooling before starting the run.
Run
  • 42m 9s
  • 3.35 miles
  • 12m 35s  min/mile
Comments:

bleah. I ran most of the things but the heat really got to me. Water was first available after mile 2 - which was also after the biggest, exposed hill. I walked the aid (both times) to get water in and on me. Dunno if a cool neck band might have helped... really just needed a earlier run, cooler day, more water, nice breeze... Oh well, I know heat is my enemy. I still had fun! Shizu was the only known racer to pass me, I wondered where Erin was, and knew the others were behind me.
Post race
Warm down:

Water. Find Shizu. Find Hope. wait for others. Cheer them. Find family. cool off, salt up. head off with family for next adventure.

Event comments:

I really wonder why SJT uses this run course; it's longer than a 5K and only has 2 water stations. OYM races here and offers 3 water stations - just one aid station that is passed 3 times - plus water just out of T2. And it's a 5K. Still it's a fun race, just wish for a cooler day and no accidents!

Last updated: 2009-08-19 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:09:04 | 400 yards | 02m 16s / 100yards
Age Group: 50/126
Overall: 329/731
Performance:
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 02:16
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:34:27 | 10 miles | 17.42 mile/hr
Age Group: 28/126
Overall: 127/731
Performance:
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:02
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:42:09 | 03.35 miles | 12m 35s  min/mile
Age Group: 96/126
Overall: 561/731
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2009-10-02 11:55 PM

User image

Master
Subject: See Jane Run Women's Triathlon

2009-10-03 1:16 AM
in reply to: #2440323

User image

Expert
Berkeley, Calif.
Subject: RE: See Jane Run Women's Triathlon
Yay! I know the heat hit you hard on the run (me too!), but you really nailed the swim and bike. You're clearly getting very comfortable and fast on this course. What a nice way to end the tri season!

(And thanks for mentioning the injured swimmer -- I hadn't heard what happened to her.)
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » See Jane Run Women's Triathlon Rss Feed