Tyranena Brewery
60F / 16C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 07m 34s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up, got some breakfast, and got my stuff together. Got out the door with Theresa and headed to Lake Mills.

Event warmup:

Ran about 5 minutes with my mom to get the legs loosen, really didnt prepare for it before hand...so why start now!
Run
  • 2h 07m 34s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 09m 44s  min/mile
Comments:

Told my mom about a month ago that i would run this with her and pace her. I was really busy with everything in the wedding and more, that i didnt train at all but really was going to just enjoy the run with my mom for once and not be competitive. We started off too fast for what i thought but mom said she was feeling good so i stuck with it, should have told her to slow down because we both bonked at the end haha. I was not expecting that many hills in the beginning, really thought this was a flat run all around. Anyways, the pace was good up until about 4 where the hills started, after that really wanted to slow down because i knew there was still a lot more miles to go and didnt want to be in complete pain the final miles. We were talking and having a great time up until about mile 10, then we both quit talking. The pace was at a steady 9:45 from about 7-10miles, and we both were hurting. My endurance was really good surprisingly, but my legs were cashed. My calf got tight, and knees were hurting. Joints were not happy. I DTFU and just kept running, until my mom said lets walk! YES! She didnt expect the hills and i think thats what hurt her in the end. Wanted her to break 2 but was very happy with it all. We walked about 3 times towards the end for water and at mile 12 for a second to stretch out. Came up to the finish and was getting excited. My legs were in pain, and i was happy to finsih this one.

Very glad i did the race, so was mom. Fun to run with her and just run for fun, not so competitive. Maybe i should do that more often....NAH.

What would you do differently?:

Train.....
Post race
Warm down:

Stood, ate, drank, talked, then had to head home early. Love this race, will plan on doing this one next year, and hopefully get the wife to do it too!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Didnt run, ate too much, slept a lot, and just plain lazy

Last updated: 2009-10-22 12:00 AM
Running
02:07:34 | 13.1 miles | 09m 44s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: Demanding a the beginning, flat after that.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2009-11-11 5:25 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: Tyranena Half Marathon

2009-11-11 5:40 PM
in reply to: #2509517

User image

Expert
Oak Creek, WI
Subject: RE: Tyranena Half Marathon
very cool...  what a great thing to be able to do a race like this with your mother...  congrats to her...!!!  and to you as well...

(and good job on completing your RR...)
2009-11-12 11:32 AM
in reply to: #2509517

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin
Subject: RE: Tyranena Half Marathon

You guys almost caught me!  That's cool running with your Mom!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Tyranena Half Marathon Rss Feed