Conroe, Texas
United States
Out Loud Productions
Total Time = 7h 25m 45s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = athena
Age Group Rank = 3/6
Pre-race routine:

Scoped out the scene the day before...I was worried about the swim but after driving some of the bike, I realized the bike would be my enemy.
Event warmup:

DOuble checked items needed, ate a banana/pastry/lil' black coffee...
Swim
  • 53m
  • 2112 yards
  • 02m 31s / 100 yards
What would you do differently?:

Nothing-this was much more overcoming anxiety than physical endurance for me. I kept my form, breathing under control...usually I won't keep my head down and breaststroke...I just really really can't swim straight. With my white swim cap, I looked like a drunk volleyball.
Transition 1
  • 03m 2s
Comments:

Transitions are about the only thing I ever beat anyone at-ha! I really didn't care too much-I was beaming from my swim being over!
Bike
  • 03m 59s
  • 59 miles
  • 888.70 mile/hr
Comments:

I was not trained on my bike like I had hoped. I spent two months with my bike back and forth in the shop bc of flats. I had never gone of six miles on my bike two months prior to race bc I had a flat every time...eventually new tires solved the problem! UGH! But, I was hurting on the course-hilly and tough...really thought my time would be under 3:30 but I guess my lack of hours on the bike hit me harder than I anticipated.
What would you do differently?:

Get new tires sooner!
Transition 2
  • 01m 49s
Comments:

Again, the only thing I am decent at.
Run
  • 2h 26m
  • 13.1 miles
  • 11m 09s  min/mile
Comments:

I felt good on my run. I mean, my legs were SCREAMING. I know if someone was recording myself on a run I might get committed. I have to talk to myself the entire time-you can do this/suck it up/it's not worse than childbirth/almost over/half way there/in a few hours I will forget the pain/you will hate yourself if you stop/oh look a caterpillar/that's a nice house/hummm, look at her shoes/oh-he is cute/man my fat is gross as a shake while I run/chaffing is bad/damn when is it over....
Post race
Warm down:

Fell on the ground and did not move for a while. I was stiff/light-headed and thought I may faint...could not believe this goal was over but also very very happy. Planned to finish in 7 hours, did it in 7:25-I will take that...nothing to brag about I know-amazed by the speedsters on this course but man oh man it felt GOOOOD to do it! I had a GREAT TIME!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My fat booty! Need more bike hours-so hard to do with three kids/sitter issues. I just do what I can and make the best of it....I had a great time and my girls were great cheerleaders. I did this race with two co-workers. We are all special ed. teachers-it was a great memory!

Last updated: 2009-08-13 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:53:00 | 2112 yards | 02m 31s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/6
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Suit: wetsuit
Course: 3 or 4 right turns-didn't like that for someone who can hardly swim straight. It was nice to be in the first wave bc I felt comforted by all the other swimmers who were passing me-I felt like I was in a sea of skittles :) I figured my time would be up to an hour-so I was very very happy to be out of the water before then. Overcame a huge fear of open water swimming this day-still can't spot but I am working on it.
Start type: Run Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 03:02
Performance:
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: No
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:03:59 | 59 miles | 888.70 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind:
Course: I have no clue where I went but it was very well marked!
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:49
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
02:26:00 | 13.1 miles | 11m 09s  min/mile
Performance:
Course: Coming off the never ending hills on the bike course, the run was a breeze. Nice out and back course-well marked/water stations...run was where I thought I would be.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2009-11-12 7:51 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: Iron Star Triathlon

2009-11-12 8:11 PM
in reply to: #2511651

User image

Champion
marietta
Subject: RE: Iron Star Triathlon
Congrats on your first HIM!   Man, you killed my first HIM time!   Drunk volleyball LOL!!!!

Edited by fattyfatfat 2009-11-12 8:12 PM
2009-11-15 10:29 PM
in reply to: #2511680

User image

Veteran
You are kind.  I had a great time. 
2010-03-09 3:21 PM
in reply to: #2515369

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago
I love your comments that were running through your head on the run...I only laugh because they have happened to me on much shorter runs haha...I get bored easily while running.  Congrats on your first HIM...I hope to be there someday.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Iron Star Triathlon Rss Feed