Total Time = 1h 03m 1s
Overall Rank = 3053/4326
Age Group = M45-49
Age Group Rank = 246/295
Pre-race routine:

PB Muffin, water, and coffee
Event warmup:

walk to the start, a little stretching.
First run since the Philly half marathon on Sunday. While I felt OK the first 2 days after the race, the last 2 have been a little more sore in the knees. This race is for fun.
Run
  • 1h 03m 1s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 10m 09s  min/mile
Comments:

Ran with Diane who wanted me to pace her in the 1030-1100 range. We managed to started with the 9:30 pace group, but still ended up passing lots of folks. Waited for the start, and then all of the sudden, the crowd began moving. And we were off! Settled into a 10:20 pace for the first 2-3 miles, then the hills took their toll on Diane on she told me to go ahead. Took a Gu at mile 3, and did not feel the need for any water during the course. The water stops were very short and crowded. Actually, the whole course felt crowded. As slow as I am, I was passing people the entire route. Often, the sections on Old Georgetown were not wide enough (one lane) to accomodate all the runners, and I found myself jammed up, or having to run outside the cones. Lots of people ended up doing the same. Mile 4-5 was tough, but my pace picked up to 9:24, 9:45, and 8:20 for the kick in. Felt good.
What would you do differently?:

Run at my normal weight. Real speed is not going to come until I am down a lot more in weight.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around, 2 waters, Manhattan Bagel run, and made Thanksgiving Dinner with all the trimmings.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Weight.

Last updated: 2009-11-26 12:00 AM
Running
01:03:01 | 06.21 miles | 10m 09s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/295
Overall: 0/4326
Performance: Good
Course: From the Bethesda YMCA, down Old Georgetown, down W. Cedar Ave, thru some hills in the neighborhood, Pooks Hill, to Wisconsin. Several hills, to downtown Bethesda, and then 2 miles back up Old Georgetown to the Y. Kind of challenging. Mostly downhill at first, then seemingly, all uphill the way back.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes