Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 40

2010-07-15 2:31 PM
in reply to: #2555877

User image

Champion
Sequim, Washington
Subject: RE: Artemis's Group - FULL!
Being bipolar really really sucks.  I can't seem to stay stable for more than a couple weeks at a time...making it a month is a good spell.   I have been such a wreck for the last couple of months and I just keep getting worse.  I am so sick and tired of it.  I spend more time every day is a emotional wreck than functional.  I envy those who don't have to deal with mental illness.  And I hate that so many people don't understand that it is a disease, not just me being choosing to be moody and have a poor attitude. I am at the point when I just want to smack people that tell me that I just need to make more of an effort, if I try harder I can overcome it, that medications aren't necessary and that I should work towards getting off them.

k, rant over...for the moment at least.

2010-07-26 10:50 PM

User image

So I did pretty well on my triathlon yesterday. Thankfully it started REALLY early so the heat wasn't too bad for most of it. I did much better on the swim portion than I did last year. Last year I was scared to death and I think I just panicked and couldn't get my breath. This year I was much more calm. But I still got tired quickly. So I invented a new stroke. Kind of a cross between breast stroke and dog paddle. What ever it was it helped. I shaved about 3 minutes off my swim time from last year. The bike ride was good. I felt good and enjoyed the ride. I think having a new, lighter, bike really helped. I did give up and walked the bike up 2 hills. I didn't get my time for the bike last year so I don't know if it was faster this time. But I enjoyed it. As for the run... by that time it was getting really hot. I tried to do the run/walk thing but that really didn't work. I was doing less and less running and more and more walking. Finally I just decided to walk the rest. I was OK when I was walking but just wasted when I was running. I felt pretty good about the decision even though I knew it would blow my timing. So here are the numbers: 

282/295 total

158/164 women

8/8 age group

All in all not a bad race.

judy

2010-08-07 12:37 PM
in reply to: #3006417

User image

Champion
Sequim, Washington
UNCI - 2010-07-26 8:50 PM So I did pretty well on my triathlon yesterday. Thankfully it started REALLY early so the heat wasn't too bad for most of it. I did much better on the swim portion than I did last year. Last year I was scared to death and I think I just panicked and couldn't get my breath. This year I was much more calm. But I still got tired quickly. So I invented a new stroke. Kind of a cross between breast stroke and dog paddle. What ever it was it helped. I shaved about 3 minutes off my swim time from last year. The bike ride was good. I felt good and enjoyed the ride. I think having a new, lighter, bike really helped. I did give up and walked the bike up 2 hills. I didn't get my time for the bike last year so I don't know if it was faster this time. But I enjoyed it. As for the run... by that time it was getting really hot. I tried to do the run/walk thing but that really didn't work. I was doing less and less running and more and more walking. Finally I just decided to walk the rest. I was OK when I was walking but just wasted when I was running. I felt pretty good about the decision even though I knew it would blow my timing. So here are the numbers: 

282/295 total

158/164 women

8/8 age group

All in all not a bad race.

judy

running in the heat isn't fun...especially after all the other exertions.  It is great to see steady improvements from year to year, tri to tri.  Congrats on a job well done!
2010-08-23 7:04 PM

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
I raced the Iron Girl triathlon yesterday. I had such a great race! Read all about it!

Edited by MDHillSlug 2010-08-23 8:02 PM
2010-09-18 11:51 AM
in reply to: #3059939

User image

Champion
Sequim, Washington
MDHillSlug - 2010-08-23 5:04 PM I raced the Iron Girl triathlon yesterday. I had such a great race! Read all about it!

Yay!  Congrats on a great race. 
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Artemis's Group - FULL! Rss Feed  

of 40