BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Dodgersmom Mentor Group - Out Training!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 8

2010-02-28 6:09 PM
in reply to: #2587714

Subject: RE: Dodgersmom Mentor Group - Out Training!!
Hey folks, just checking in.  As expected last week there was no training due to work.  This week is going to be killer.  I am starting my '12 weeks' before my first race so I've got a lot of work to do.  I have my 5km run on May 15 so I want to be in good shape for that.   Despite my lack of bike/run training my trainer continues to kick my on a regular basis.

I am going to have to read and catch up but I first I have to go watch more Canada hockey win stuff.  :-)  So proud of our team!  Amazing game the US gave us, I just wish they looked happier with their medals, they won silver and played a fantastic game!!

I'll post more this week, promise! 

2010-02-28 6:17 PM

User image

San Rafael, CA
Hi All,

killer brick workout today, I am so tired, but feel good. Met up with a group training for Wildflower. Did 1 hour of drills in the pool followed by a 30 mile bike ride. I was pleased with my ride as I was able to stay towards the front of the pack. Weather is gorgeous today and I can feel that spring is not far off.

Have a nice week everyone.
2010-02-28 6:55 PM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

Hey all,

Well, I survived the half, and actually did better than I thought I would.  Finished in 2:32.  Not a PR but 2nd fastest half ever.

Quads are a bit sore today but other than that really feel OK!

Dinner is ready...will give details in a few

2010-03-01 10:33 AM
in reply to: #2698593

User image

Expert
Cornfields of Illinois
dodgersmom - 2010-02-28 6:55 PM

Hey all,

Well, I survived the half, and actually did better than I thought I would.  Finished in 2:32.  Not a PR but 2nd fastest half ever.

Quads are a bit sore today but other than that really feel OK!

Dinner is ready...will give details in a few

great job with all that's been going on in life Marcy!!  I am back to training today for the first time.  Run/swim today
2010-03-02 6:45 PM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

Hey guys,

How did the first workout back go Wade?   You have to make sure that you do not overdo it.

Today was a bust for me.  On conference calls from 10-5 and then had to get the dog to the groomer for a nail trim. (Not Dodger, Hoover).  Dodger is still doing well though.

Tomorrow is another day!

2010-03-02 9:27 PM
in reply to: #2703422

User image

Expert
Cornfields of Illinois
dodgersmom - 2010-03-02 6:45 PM

Hey guys,

How did the first workout back go Wade?   You have to make sure that you do not overdo it.

Today was a bust for me.  On conference calls from 10-5 and then had to get the dog to the groomer for a nail trim. (Not Dodger, Hoover).  Dodger is still doing well though.

Tomorrow is another day!

Swimming wasn't bad, only lasted 20 minutes due to breathing not 100% yet and damn did the chlorine burn for a few minutes inside my nose.  Running on the treadmill i got a sidestich on my left side which never happens so i slowed it down and only did 20 minutes there as well.   Was suppose to bike today but work got in the way.  I have a worldwide conference coming up in 2 weeks that i am planning and the last minute details are kicking my a$$.

2010-03-05 6:52 PM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

Hey all,

I have decided that my head is not screwed on straight and I am ready to get my butt in gear!

Tomorrow is a 2 hour ride with a little 15 minute brick.  Gonna hurt but in a good way!

2010-03-06 5:08 PM

User image

San Rafael, CA
Swam 900 yesterday followed by 3 miles on the treadmill. Nothing today. Took the kids to Disney on Ice and now I am exhausted...they on the other hand are not!
2010-03-07 3:36 PM

User image

Expert
Cornfields of Illinois
still working through the nose healing but almost healed and getting my a$$ kicked at work right now so had to take a couple days off.  Ran 6 miles this morning though and it felt great.  HOPEFULLY the last indoor run for a long time.
2010-03-07 3:42 PM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

Dismal rainy day here.  the kind that just makes you want to take a nap all day.

Yesterday's ride was pretty good at times and hard as heck at other times.  The place we ride is right along the trinity river and the winds are always 10 mph stronger than anywhere else.  Based on the direction of the wind, we had a great first 4 miles ten a really hard 12 into the wind.  Of course, when we turned to head back we had a great 12 miles but the last 4 made me really question why I do this.

I guess it will be a trainer ride tonight.

2010-03-07 6:12 PM

User image

San Rafael, CA
Hi Guys,

I had a good day, but man I think I left my brain behind when I left the house this morning. Went to a group swim with a local Tri Training group and sat for 5  minutes with a group at the pool listening to the coaches before I realized I was with the wrong group. It took me 5 WHOLE MINUTES to realize all 6 coaches and most of the people in the group were in wearing Team in Training T-shirts...so went to the other end of the pool and found the 4 people who showed up for the workout I signed up for and joined them, realizing once I was IN the pool I forgot my water AND my watch. The group was running after, but I had come prepared to ride (of course) so I set out on my own to ride and got about a mile or so in when I realized I had no money and no ID on me, which I make it a rule never to do, especially when riding alone, so I turned back, got some cash and my road ID on. Set off again and then about 10 more minutes in realized I forgot to hit start on my bike computer so have a partial ride recorded. Not a big deal except I was climbing a route I have been trying to improve my time on so have no idea if I have? Some days you just have to laugh at yourself I guess. Got in 1600 swim and 22 mile bike.

2010-03-13 9:05 PM

User image

Expert
Cornfields of Illinois
Did 8 miles on the treadmill today and it actually felt good.  I got in as many workouts this week as i could even though I am slammed at work.  I am off to Minneapolis on Monday to run a week long conference for work and am going to try to get in a few swims and runs at the hotel but not sure about the bike.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend and has a great week!
2010-03-14 8:50 PM

User image

San Rafael, CA
Have a good trip Wade. I know it is hard to stay at it when you are travelling.

I survived my daughter's 5th Birthday week! And managed to get some training in. Swam for 45 minutes yesterday and rode 15 miles today, not a long ride, but it was mostly climbing so I felt good about it. Gorgeous day today. Looking forward to some outdoor running and biking this week. Tomorrow will be a rest day because I have a crazy day at work. Hoping to ride to work at least one day this week though.

Have a good week.
2010-03-16 10:13 PM

User image

San Rafael, CA
Swam 2000 at the pool tonight. Beautiful day, 75 degrees! Amazing. Just realized I have 3 1/2 weeks until my first Half Marathon this season! Ughh, not ready for that. Also signed up for a coached crossing from Alcatraz the week before the Escape so I am relieved to know race day will be a little less stressful.
2010-03-17 6:59 PM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

Hey guys!

Funny story about the pool Michelene!!

Things have been OK here.  I really need to find my motivation.  My HIM is in 5 weeks.  I know I can do the distance, but maybe not as well as I hoped.  I have been in the pool more and have had 2 really great 2200 swims.  I also know I can run the distance.  Friday I am taking the day off from work and am going to ride 50!  Wish me luck!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Dodgersmom Mentor Group - Out Training!! Rss Feed  

of 8