70F / 21C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 13m 22s
Overall Rank = 84/235
Age Group = Female 45-49
Age Group Rank = 1/3
Pre-race routine:

Photobucket Photobucket

The "Egg Hunt Triathlon" is part of the new 2010 MultiRace / Publix FFW Partnership Series and took place at CB Smith Park, Pembroke Pine, FL last Saturday April 3rd...holding a Sprint Triathlon with 235 participants and Sprint Duathlon with 114 participants at the same time...with a total of 349 athletes...

Thursday April 1st:
We had a Full Carbo load early dinner: Garlic seasoned Pasta with Shrimp, Broccoli, Carrots and Corn...Yummmmmmmmmmmy....!!!!

Friday April 2nd:
Day Off...
Washed/waxed/lubed/tuned bike...changed wheels for Race Wheels...prepared/packed Race stuff...and...beverages for the Race...

Took a good lasagna for lunch...and...1hr nap...ZZZzzz

Early dinner...grilled sirlon steak...with steams veggies...

Loaded bikes and bags into the car and went to sleep around 8:30 pm....ZZZzzz

Saturday April 3rd:
Woke-up at 4:00 am...get dressed...took Mariah our dog outside...

Took our usual Pre-Race breakfast: OJ for both, my Super-Soy Protein Shake (chocolate) for me and a waffle with peanut butter and coffee for my Buddy...and...our usual packages of Multi-Vitamins and Minerals, Amino 1500, Glucosamine and CO-Q-10...

Took our coolers with our beverages and left from home around 4:50 am...and...took us around 50 minutes to the get to CB Smith Park at Pembroke Pine...

Parked car and went directly to pick-up our Race Packages...
My Buddy got the Bid# 181 / Yellow cap and I got the Bid# 171 / ahhhhhhhhh PINK cap...I hate this color...LOL

With our Bid#'s...we got a nice tech t-shirt...some goodies...and our timing chips...

2010 Egg Hunt Triathlon

Got Body Marking and went to the car to get our bikes and all our Race Stuff...put our timing chips in our left ankle, Bid#s in our bikes, helmets and belts and went to Transition...

Placed my bike in my respective rack area...

2010 Egg Hunt Triathlon

My bike was at the end of the rack...well almost...next to the last one...LOL

Did set-up all my stuff like usual...helmet over seat...placed a green towel in front of the bike and over my biking/running shoes, my hat and inside my belt with Bid# next to my running shoes with a bottle of cold water...

Placed the cyclocomputer and Speedfil with water in its cage...checked tires...and gears...

Took my Transition Bag and cooler out of the rack area and placed them next to the fence...

Sitting over my cooler...relaxed...closed my eyes and did a visualization of the Race...then...took 2 Hammer Energy Gels (Espresso / Raspberry) and 2 Endurolytes with water and a mix of Cytomax and Accelerade (Citrus)

Put Body Glide over my feet, ankles and right side of my neck...and...Profile Design Lubricant over my legs...before put my Wet-Suits till my hips...

Took my googles, swimming cap and wax ear-plugs and headed to the Swim Area...
Event warmup:

Met with my Buddy at the Swim Area...put the rest of my Wet-suit...wax ear-plugs, swimming cap and googles...did some arms and legs stretching before jumped into the water...and...swam almost till the 1st bouy and came back to shore...

The Swim Leg started in time at 7:00 am...with the Wave#1 (Male/Female Pro/Elites and Physically Challenged) and at the same time the 1st Run of the Duathlon....

After 2 minutes the rest of the Waves...evey 3 minutes each ones...
There were in total 9 Waves...My Buddy was in the Wave# 4 (Male 40-44, Male 55+ ) at 7:05 am and me in the Wave# 7 (Female 35+) at 7:14 am...

Here You can see the Swim/Bike/Run Course Map...

Photobucket
Swim
  • 09m 16s
  • 400 meters
  • 02m 19s / 100 meters
Comments:

The Swim Leg took place in this very nice lake...

2010 Egg Hunt Triathlon

When they gave us green light...I jumped into the water without any kick and puch incident in the right side of the peloton...
I started very strong drafting behind a group of 4 or 5 strong swimmers...but...not for too long...they took off 1/2 way to the 1st bouy...and...everybody spreaded out very fast...
Got at the first bouy...rounded it without problem and swam till the 2nd bouy...and...in my way to this buoy...I don't know why...but I swallowed some gallons of water...LOL
And from this last bouy till the Swim Exit continued with my constante stroke passing some guys from the Wave before us...
And just when my fingers touched sand...got up...and...ran as fast as possible to the Swim Arch and at the same time removing first my Wet-Suit till my hips...

2010 Egg Hunt Triathlon 2010 Egg Hunt Triathlon

What would you do differently?:

Very disappointed with my swimming time...I really don't know what happened...but...I did it better last year...

Continue with my trainings and more speed drills...
Transition 1
  • 02m 32s
Comments:

It was a fast transition as usual...I was the fastest in my AG and 49th Overall / 235

From the Swim Exit to Transition Area was a long run...first over grass...then a paved trail...then over a wet and very slippery bridge...BTW...the winner...the Slovenian National Champ David Plese...had a very bad fall over this bridge...and again over a paved trail till Transition Area...

Here You can have a view...

2010 Egg Hunt Triathlon

Ran very fast as usual...passing a lot of people...

Here almost getting to Transition Area:

2010 Egg Hunt Triathlon

Just in Transition directly to my rack area...the 4th one at my left...easy to find...got at my bike...removed my wet-suit fast...put sunglasses and helmet and at the same time my biking shoes...
Took my bike and ran out of Transition till the Desmount/Mount Area...

Practice and practice...Improved my time for only 1 sec....LOL
Bike
  • 34m 6s
  • 11 miles
  • 19.35 mile/hr
Comments:

The Bike Course was 2 Laps in an Outside Loop and Inside Loop...

Just in the Desmount/Mount Area...jumped over my bike and cranked very hard...

At this point...I didn't have any idea how I was doing...I didn't know where were the women in my AG...but...I just knew that I was passing tons of people...

Here getting out of the Park to the outside Loop...

2010 Egg Hunt TriathlonEgg Hunt Triathlon2010 Egg Hunt Triathlon

Got inside the Park for the inside Loop...and...by my surprise...approching to the exit of the Park for the 2nd Lap...there were a big duck walking in the middle of the road...WTH...like nothing was happening...and everybody passing this duck and he didn't care and it was not scared...LOL

Just outside the Park in my 2nd Lap...my grifriend Nicole Swift from the AG 40-44 reached and passed me....but...I kept behind her keeping distnce and with a good average...passing a lot of people...and...just inside the Park...after the entrance...We reached and passed other girlfriend from the AG 40-44 Danielle Furey...and...at this point I knew that I was doing great cuz both girls Nicole and Danielle are usually in the tops 5 of their AG...and...my AG 45-49 is very competitive like their AG...

Got at the Desmount Area in Transition Area...and...did it as usual like the Pro/Elites but keeping shoes on and jumped off the bike and ran as fast as possible inside Transition....

Continue with my trainings...Improved my bike time for only 28 seconds...
Transition 2
  • 00m 47s
Comments:

Again other fast transition...I was the fastest in my AG and 58th Overall / 235

Got at my rack area...but...there were a bike placed by the handle bar in the rack and blocking the way...it was hard to pass with the bike....Grrrrr...!!! finally placed my bike over the rack...changed shoes...removed helmet...took my hat with the Bid# inside and my bottle of water and ran fast out of Transition...

Practice and practice...I did it better last year...in only 41 sec. but under the circunstances...It was a great time...
Run
  • 26m 42s
  • 3.3 miles
  • 08m 05s  min/mile
Comments:

The Run leg was 2 Laps too inside the Park...

Just out of Transition Area...I don't know why...but...instead to turn left...I decided to turn right...and...I have raced here many times and I know very well the Courses...LOL...but...I was too focused that my legs decided to go that way...Thanks Godness a volunteer yelled to me..."Hey...wrong way...to the other way"... What a embarassed moment...LOL...that costed me some seconds...Yikes...!!!

Running not too fast and not too slow...put my hat and belt with Bid#...drank some water from my bottle and tossed some over my head and neck...and...started to increase speed...passing a lot of people...and...just when I was approching to the point to start the 2nd Lap...a girl from the AG 40-44 with a great pace...reached me...and running next to me...we had some words...she asked me if I was finishing or doing the 2nd Lap...I told her that I was doing my 2nd Lap...

Then she passed me...and...I kept behind her...she was my pacer...

2010 Egg Hunt Triathlon2010 Egg Hunt Triathlon2010 Egg Hunt Triathlon

Till my girlfriend Danielle coming from behind reached me...we had some words and she passed me and we kept behind this girl...she was an excellent pacer...

And just after the mile 3...We saw a girl that was puking...by our surprise was our girlfriend Nicole Swift...Yikes...!!! We didn't stop...but...slowed down a little and We asked her if she needed something but she says..."It's Ok...It's Ok" and We continued...and...

Just approching to the Finish Line...running behind Danielle...I decided..."Ok It's time to get rid of my bottle and pass this girl"

2010 Egg Hunt Triathlon 2010 Egg Hunt Triathlon 2010 Egg Hunt Triathlon

At this point I was passing next to our car that was parked along the road and I tossed my bottle under the car and sprinted very hard...

2010 Egg Hunt Triathlon 2010 Egg Hunt Triathlon 2010 Egg Hunt Triathlon

Reaching her, passing her and beating Danielle for only 1 sec....BTW...I surprised her...She never expected that move...It was my second most exciting Finish...that I have had in this 2010 Season...LOL

Continue with my trainings...I did it better last year in 26m14s...
Post race
Warm down:

Just when We passed the Finish Line...Danielle came to me to Congratulate me...and...she said to me "You really surprised me"

Here the view of the Finish Line form inside and outside:

A Volunteer gave to me a bottle of water and other one removed the timing chip from my left ankle...

Went to Transition Area to collect/pack all my Race stuff...and...took them to the car...

Here a view of Transition from my rack area:

Went to check Results...

2010 Egg Hunt Triathlon

Finding that I got:

1st place in my AG 45-49

12th Female Overall / 70

84th Overall / 235

Total Time: 1h 13m 22s

This time I did't score any PR cuz I did it in 1h12m56s last year...but...

Still I think I did a great Race cuz checking the times in all the AGs...I found that I would have gotten podium in all the Females AGs....not bad...for an old tri-peep like me...a very proud 47 years old...but...feeling like 28...LOL

My Buddy got 5th place in his AG...WooooHooooo....Good Job Babu...WTG...!!!

Met with my Buddy and went to get some food...BTW...this is the best of the Publix FFW Organizers...the excellent yummmmy food in the Post Race....

Here you can have a view of all the stands of food...

Here with my girlfriend Julie that got 3rd place in our AG

2010 Egg Hunt Triathlon

Here at the Award Ceremony:

My Buddy:

2010 Egg Hunt Triathlon

And Me:

2010 Egg Hunt Triathlon

Here is the Award...a very cute Medal...LOL

The Winner was the Slovenian National Champion David Plese and the fastest women was the 5-times Ironman Champion...Heather Gollnick...BTW...the second fastest women was a good girlfriend from the AG 40-44 Gina Donato...behind Heather for only 1m57s....WoooooHooooo....Congrats Gina...WTG...!!!

Here You can read the news about it:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/recreation/fl-triathlon-cb-smith...

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I really don't know...but...I only know that I need to work more in my swimming...my swimming time sucks...LOL...Thanks Godness I always recover my time with my fast transitions...

Event comments:

Excellent Event and very well organized as usual...a lot of volunteers...and...a great Post-Race Food....Yummmmmmmmmy....!!!

Last updated: 2010-02-22 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:09:16 | 400 meters | 02m 19s / 100meters
Age Group: 1/3
Overall: 106/235
Performance: Average
Suit: X-TERRA
Course:
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 73F / 23C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Average