BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 41

2010-12-16 11:06 AM
in reply to: #2778561

User image

Veteran
Marine City, MI
Subject: RE: HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED
My bike fitting experience was more like Wilsons.  (I agree some of those measurements are a bit personal!).  But, the fitting was free if I bought the bike from them.  So I paid an initial $50.00 for the beginning measurements to determine the frame size and then when I ordered my bike from them they refunded the measurement fee.  Once the bike came in they did the fine tuning including computer and video analysis.  (They also save the computer analysis and can compare different set ups for the same person.)  The entire fitting took several hours.  I would have preferred to be in a private area in the store rather than in an alcove right on the selling floor, but I suspect it works as a bit of a sales-generator for the shop.  I am very happy with the result.  I'm not the best cyclist in the pack, but I know my equipment is not holding me back. 

2010-12-30 9:42 AM
in reply to: #3251021

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
Wow, this thread has been silent since the 16th....wow...

Okay so let's get it started up again with a question.  

What are everyone's plan for the new year??

I'll start:
Lose another 30 lbs by April 27th. (First Tri for the 2011 season)
Pick an Oly or Oly modified plan for winter/spring training.
Use the $hit out of my trainer
Start swimming again and hope my P90X will help
Change healthclubs to one that's closer for easier access and maybe visit before work
Run a few 5 and maybe 10ks during the year
Find a few cool Sprints to enter
Maybe finish the season with an Oly....not sure about that one. 
Stay injury free by training smart and not overdoing it too early

Goals:
Swim 1 mile straight with no problem - could bike and run afterwards
Run 5k at 7:XX pace
Run 5k leg of sprint in 8:XX pace
Bike at 20+mph avg for a spirnt
Finish 10k in under an hour
Swim under 2:00 for 100yds (no idea how to get this done)
Strength train 2x per week to work on core and everything else!!

I'm sure I'll think of more...but that'll be a start for now.

Fun Fun Fun 
2010-12-30 10:44 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
OK, i'll bite. I'm doing this on the Droid while hubby drives across NM, so hopefully it will make sense.- I have the 1/2 mary in Jan. I think I have a 2:00 1/2 in me, but I don't think this is it! If I beat my PB of 2:09, i'll be happy.- find a friendly group to ride with. A friend at work recommended the local tri group. I WILL get over my fear of being dropped and join them for a ride in January! - get my miles up on the bike. I love riding, but this one is the toughest to squeeze in with all the travel. I'll do a metric century in March to have something to shoot for.- finish my 1/2 iron in April with a smile on my face! This will require working on heat tolerance- it could be 90 degrees by the time I finish. I expect to finish in around 6;30.- keep working on speed in all 3. The endurance comes easy for me as long as I can find the time to train, but I really am like a turtle out there! I don't like speedwork, and my heart rate rarely even breaks into the 140s!Looking forward to hearing what’s in store for all the other MMMs out there!
2010-12-30 10:48 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ugh. Sorry, that's awful to read. So much for trying to format on the Droid!
2010-12-30 11:49 AM
in reply to: #3268053

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
No worries on the format...I've tried it on my BB and it ends up the same too.  
2010-12-30 12:44 PM

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI
Here's my race schedule for the year. 

Run Into the New Year 10k  12/31/10

Blarney 5k   3/12/11
Mt. Pleasant Half Marathon  4/9/11
WI Marathon    5/7/11
Lighthouse Run 10 mile   6/18/11 
Pleasant Prairie Triathlon  (Possible Oly otherwise sprint)  6/26/11 
Summerfest Half Marathon  7/10/11
Aflac Irongirl Sprint Tri  7/31/11

I have the most running races as that is my favorite to do.  And I'm finally starting to get faster! 
My biggest event will be my marathon in May. It's more mentally challenging than anything. Believing I can do it is tough.

Another goal is to lose at least 20 lbs by May. I've lost 27 since last year. While it's a lot less than I anticipated, I have lost a lot of inches and my friends think I've lost about 50lbs. They're shocked when I tell them the real number.

Oh, and today is my 30th birthday! While I've accomplished things I never thought I could when I was 29, I am hoping for even more this year! 

Hope everyone has a safe and blessed New Year's!!

2010-12-30 6:52 PM

User image

Veteran
Happy Birthday Jordie!

What a bunch of planners you are! Looks like some good goals/races lined up. Figuring out my 2011 plan is actually part of my weekend plan Here's the general plan - I just need to pin down some dates and make some choices on which races I want to do

Jan (1), Feb (2), and March (1) winter ski hill races (run with Yax Trax or snowshoe): each is 3-5 miles

March 20th: bodybuilding competition #2

Spring, summer: A few 5-10K's, 1-2 sprint Tri's, 1-2 Oly Tri's, 1 half marathon

Fall: Bodybuilding competition #3

Edited by PTWykes 2010-12-30 6:52 PM
2011-01-01 11:03 AM

User image

Veteran
Marine City, MI
Ok folks, I'll try to organize my goals for 2011.  Overall I need to be more consistent in my training.  But I know you need to set goals that are measurable.  So, that being said, I've added the goal to swim 2 X a week to my training log. (I secertly hope I can hit 3 times a week, but the official goal will stand at 2 times.)  I'm working on a list of events but so far the only thing that is for sure is the Bayshore marathon on Memorial Day weekend.  It will be my 5th time on that course (my 9th marathon in total).   

So Hilde, when will the new group be posted?
2011-01-01 11:11 AM
in reply to: #3268269

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
Happy Birthday Jordie!!!  And a big congrats on your weight loss and all your accomplishments in 2010...That is awesome to look back and see how far we all have come.  Nice job with your 2011 schedule!!!  Did I see a marathon in there?????  If so you many be certifiably crazy now!!!  You keep going, you're doing great!!!!

2011-01-01 11:18 AM
in reply to: #3268039

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
tstl - 2010-12-30 11:44 AM OK, i'll bite. I'm doing this on the Droid while hubby drives across NM, so hopefully it will make sense.- I have the 1/2 mary in Jan. I think I have a 2:00 1/2 in me, but I don't think this is it! If I beat my PB of 2:09, i'll be happy.- find a friendly group to ride with. A friend at work recommended the local tri group. I WILL get over my fear of being dropped and join them for a ride in January! - get my miles up on the bike. I love riding, but this one is the toughest to squeeze in with all the travel. I'll do a metric century in March to have something to shoot for.- finish my 1/2 iron in April with a smile on my face! This will require working on heat tolerance- it could be 90 degrees by the time I finish. I expect to finish in around 6;30.- keep working on speed in all 3. The endurance comes easy for me as long as I can find the time to train, but I really am like a turtle out there! I don't like speedwork, and my heart rate rarely even breaks into the 140s!Looking forward to hearing what’s in store for all the other MMMs out there!

I think you can beat your PB and score a sub 2:00 HM...You can do it for sure!!!  It's only nine minutes over two hours....(yeah right.....ugh ugh).  Great job committing and disregarding your fear about being dropped....even if you do get dropped, then you have something to shoot for by the end of the season....an obvious measurable goal.  And then there is the HIM....that will be incredible....a smile at the finish is a great goal!!  You're HR may top 140 with that race.  Great looking forward plan. 
2011-01-01 11:20 AM
in reply to: #3268913

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
PTWykes - 2010-12-30 7:52 PM Happy Birthday Jordie!

What a bunch of planners you are! Looks like some good goals/races lined up. Figuring out my 2011 plan is actually part of my weekend plan Here's the general plan - I just need to pin down some dates and make some choices on which races I want to do

Jan (1), Feb (2), and March (1) winter ski hill races (run with Yax Trax or snowshoe): each is 3-5 miles

March 20th: bodybuilding competition #2

Spring, summer: A few 5-10K's, 1-2 sprint Tri's, 1-2 Oly Tri's, 1 half marathon

Fall: Bodybuilding competition #3

Marsha, great planning over here too....3 body building competitions....you are hooked!!!  Don't know how you'll fit being so sore from weightlifting in with Tri sports....I'm sure you'll figure out a way.  And between all that lifting iron - you'll be Triing away and running...awesome!!

2011-01-01 11:26 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
Happy New Year everyone!!!!  We had an enjoyable little get together last night!!!  We had 5 kids under 6 in the house and they all stayed up till midnight!!!  Lots of good appetizer foods and one of our guest brought martini stuff....So I went from treating myself with a good dark beer to devouring 3 pear martinis and then onto the chocolate-godiva-cream insanely good pure alcohol martinis....Wow, martinis pack a good punch....I was buzzin' pretty good when I got to bed..By the morning all three kids had managed to wedge themselves in our King bed....last few hours of sleep was cramped...feet in my face, people punching me in the head, coughing on me, pushing me to the edge......but, it was all good.  How many New Years can you remember having a thunder store with lightening and all....pretty cool....  So, I'm all rehydrated and ready to go for the day....Gunna take kids to see Tangled, drop them of at g'mas afterwards and then date night with wifey......So, not sure about working out today.  After all the spinervals the last couple of days and them my "long" 10k run.....quads=hurt........maybe need to stretch today...that may be what the doctor ordered.  So happy day peeps!!!
2011-01-01 2:41 PM

User image

Veteran
Sounds like great fun Wilson and by the sounds of your workouts you quads DO deserve a break! As for juggling the bodybuilding with the tri training...I won't be doing much of a juggle as I will stop the bodybuilding training after my competition in March and ramp up the tri training at that time and through mid August when I will switch back to the bodybuilding for my competition in October. I am sure I'll keep up with some weight lifting during tri training as I was doing that last tri season (without any plans for the bodybuilding) and that worked well for me. I enjoy the weight lifting too much to not do it at all and although it seems many on the general boards here say you should not lift weights while tri training I just don't get that! So, I will do both

Happy New Year to all.......................

I am busily mapping out my competition schedule filled with snowshoe races, tri's, road races (running), trail races (running), an aquathon (swim/run/swim/run)?, and my bodybuilding....we'll see how the calendar shapes up as I keep working on it. I'll post when I figure it out
2011-01-02 8:04 AM

User image

Veteran
Orlando, FL
Pretty quiet New Year's eve at my place.  I didn't even make it till midnight!  Oh well.  Lots of drama at my house over the past two weeks (and I just wanted a quiet Christmas break) with problems with my youngest son (he and his daughter lived with us).  Bottom line is that he's been kicked out.  Granddaughter still stays with us half the week (other half is with her mom).  Anyway, seems like I've done quite a bit of stress eating!  Now I've got even more weight to lose as part of my 2011 goals!  Here are my goals:

Lose 20-25 lbs.
Race in at least 5 tris - at least one oly, maybe more
Half marathon in February
Chatanooga oly tri with son (and hopefully daughter)
5k in less than 30 (still - never made this goal in 2010 - so working on it)
Swim in the mornings at least twice a week (before work - like Hilde!)
Buy a new bike

Really want to improve my run time - it seems it's slower now than when I did my first race in Feb last year!  How did that happen? 
2011-01-03 4:54 AM
in reply to: #3272133

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
I see a lot of great goals for 2011~~!  And a lot are just like mine!!  I'm still scoping out races, checked out a few in Austin and some are WAY to much $$$.... $120 for an OLY?  Really??  I don't think so!  I prefer the smaller races anyways, more chance at bling, ha ha!

Peggy, my running is about the same too... I'm hoping that's because I'm hauling around an extra 25 pounds, and as that comes off I will naturally get faster... well along with lots of running.  That Chattanooga tri sounds fun!!  We visitied Chattanooga a few years ago and really liked it.
2011-08-12 8:12 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana

I've been thinking about extending my Tri season since this summer didn't go very well for me....I'm so fortunate to have found a perfect Tri for me...I've registered and will begin training tomorrow.  Here is a picture from last year!!!!  It's in December, but who cares I can swim in slush for competition like this!!!

2011-08-13 8:35 AM
in reply to: #3641640

User image

Temple, TX
wsilverthorne - 2011-08-12 8:12 PM

I've been thinking about extending my Tri season since this summer didn't go very well for me....I'm so fortunate to have found a perfect Tri for me...I've registered and will begin training tomorrow.  Here is a picture from last year!!!!  It's in December, but who cares I can swim in slush for competition like this!!!

Beanies and "Sweater-Puppets".....  WIN!  Go Wilson!!!!  I'm rootin' for ya

2011-08-13 8:47 AM
in reply to: #3641903

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
DO NOT POST HERE< THIS IS AN OLD THREAD>>> GO TO THE OTHER ONE!!!!!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 41