General Discussion Triathlon Talk » BlasterBlast Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-04-12 10:45 PM

User image

Veteran
Seattle, Washington
Subject: BlasterBlast Triathlon : Official Thread
Hey fellow BT'ers, thought I'd see if anybody wanted to touch base before the race on Sunday. I'd love to meet who else is racing from here so we can cheer each other on! Otherwise, good luck this weekend everybody!

2010-04-13 10:40 AM
in reply to: #2787129

User image

Expert
Thornton, CO
Subject: RE: BlasterBlast Triathlon : Official Thread
I thought about doing this race, but the way they organized the bike portion just turned me away.  I couldn't get myself to do the 6 loops in order to do only 8 miles on the bike.  Good luck to you in the race though, I'd have loved to support the School of Mines on this one, but they'd have to do something different with the bike portion.  Like send everyone up Lookout Mountain ;-)  That would have made for an interesting 4 miles up uphill followed by 4 miles of downhill.
2010-04-13 11:24 AM

User image

Veteran
Seattle, Washington
Yes, it's going to be quite a weird bike leg! Lookout would be much better.  But I figured I could go, support my Alma Mater and get some decent transition practice early in the year.
2010-06-17 10:06 AM

User image

Granby
my friend Gretta went to SOM and started this triathlon as a senior project (not sure if she did it with other people)! I haven't done it because of the screwy bike ride, but I guess that's just a unique part of this tri. You wouldn't want to be boring, now, would ya?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » BlasterBlast Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed