General Discussion Race Reports! » Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Oxford, Ohio
United States
Miami University Student Foundation
40F / 4C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 14m 16s
Overall Rank = 70/543
Age Group = M35-39
Age Group Rank = 11/48
Pre-race routine:

Ate a PBJ and drank some soy milk and spent 40 minutes putting on my makeup
Event warmup:

Not much - would have liked to have run or biked a little but ran out of time.
Swim
  • 07m 7s
  • 437 yards
  • 01m 38s / 100 yards
Comments:

Very satisfied with my time considering the minimal training I did. I came out of the pool breathing even and steady. I passed 3 people and got passed by three. I seeded my self sixty five and thats about where I ended up in swim rank
What would you do differently?:

nothing
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

none given - I think it is added into the bike. It did take longer than normal because I put on socks (normally dont do) put on a long t short (not easy on a wet body) and I put on a cycling jacket (never have done that before)
Bike
  • 46m 26s
  • 12.74 miles
  • 16.46 mile/hr
Comments:

Broken record from last year. I thought I would do better here. I felt great and only got passed by a few folks on bikes. I was able to get up the hills without getting to my bottom granny gears and without too much breathing changes. I was pulling 20+ on anything close to elevel ground. T1 and T2 were added into this time I think.

Nothing at this point.This was my first time on the road since my half last september. All rides since have been on the trainer. I did not do much threshold or interval training on the bike which I think might have hurt. If it is still this slow by August I will be worried but I really didnt expect much of a change
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

folded in with the bike time. I had to take off my jacket which normally I dont have on.
Run
  • 20m 43s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 06m 40s  min/mile
Comments:

Although I wore socks and taped the vents closed on my cyclign shoes my feet went numb during the ride. My ankles also went numb. I started my run having the unpleasant sensation of not feeling toes, feet or ankles. I could hear my feet but not feel them. Aside from that I felt great during the run. I didnt get passed by anyone and was able to chew up quite a few people. I never went into labored breathing and my legs felt fantastic. I had a great kick at the end and still had some juice left in the tank

Wear 80's leg warmers?
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

zero road training with bike, forzen toezen

Event comments:

I love having a race in April to look forward to. I like the big boy pool to swim in. The bike course is definately challenging for the first race of the year. I felt very good about my run and swim results and a little disappointed with the overall time and bike results. My only beef is that this is two years in a row there have been timing issues. I do several HFP races every year and I havent ever had an issue with any other race. It is a big annoyance but I have fun at this race. Also Boo to the eateries of Oxford - WTF no beer at 930 AM on Saturday? Whats a boy to do? Drive to applebees and wait until 11 AM for them to open so I can get a post race brew?

Last updated: 2010-01-17 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:07:07 | 437 yards | 01m 38s / 100yards
Age Group: 3/48
Overall: 69/543
Performance: Good
Suit: partial birthday
Course:
Start type: Inside Pool Plus: Time Trial
Water temp: 77F / 25C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Average
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance: Below average
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:46:26 | 12.74 miles | 16.46 mile/hr
Age Group: 17/48
Overall: 102/543
Performance: Below average
Wind: Little
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:20:43 | 03.11 miles | 06m 40s  min/mile
Age Group: 4/48
Overall: 48/543
Performance: Good
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2010-04-20 10:31 PM

User image

Expert
Alpharetta (until we find a home)
Subject: Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon

2010-04-20 10:48 PM
in reply to: #2806076

User image

Veteran
Columbus, Ohio
Subject: RE: Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon
Nice work on the swim and the run - smokin' fast! Oh, and 80's leg warmers would have definitely been appropriate!
2010-04-21 10:12 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ohio
Wow! Nice fast swim - are you part fish? Nice job on the run too...6:40 per mile -maybe you're part cheetah too? So that would make you a fisheetah? Nice race.
2010-04-21 4:51 PM

User image

Expert
Columbus
Great race in all areas!

Nothing else you could have done about toes.

David found a hole in the wall bar for us last year after the race were we had some beers.  This is important to find out before the race - so I give your race an A and you post race plan (not knowing where the beer is) a C.  Where are your priorities man?
2010-04-21 7:28 PM
in reply to: #2808428

User image

Expert
Alpharetta (until we find a home)
You are much too lenient as a grader. I found no beer in Oxford ergo I failed. Big fat F. What are you teaching the children of America? Failure is average? Nay I say, shoot higher - you get your out there boy and you find that beer!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon Rss Feed