Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Any good, bike friendly routes around Windsor/Leamgton Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2010-05-10 7:15 PM

Master
Kitchener
Subject: Any good, bike friendly routes around Windsor/Leamgton
I'm going to be in the Windsor, Leamington and Chatham area on Sun through Tuesday.   Looking to get a couple of 3-4 hour rides in.   Could anyone recommend a couple of good routes. 

Thanks.  

2010-05-11 6:14 PM
in reply to: #2849816

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Any good, bike friendly routes around Windsor/Leamgton
There is a ton of great riding around here. I will look and see if the Ciociaro-Amherstburg route is posted, because that would be a good one. This is my regular route from Amhertsburg to Colchester and back. http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/training/map.asp?routeid=129142

I've mapped it here from Fort Malden and it's just over 50K, so not quite 3-4 hours. If you want to meet me at my house, it would be 60kms! If you go through Colchester until Kingsville or further and then come back, it should be long enough for you.

I work in Kingsville and drive County Rd 18 every day. I always think about how it would be AWESOME to ride. There's a landfill (so maybe stinky in the sun!) and the road is paved for heavy duty trucks. It is super flat and I bet you could easily maintain 45km/hr without effort. If I have time later, I'll try to map out a good route around K'ville and Leamington. But it would be from memory and not experience as I ride closer to home.
2010-05-13 8:19 AM
in reply to: #2849816

User image

Expert
Chatham, Ontario
Subject: RE: Any good, bike friendly routes around Windsor/Leamgton
From the Point Pelee Gates to the point and back is 20km.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Any good, bike friendly routes around Windsor/Leamgton Rss Feed