View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Dallas, Texas
United States
Total Time = 26m 34s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 2/73
Pre-race routine:

I had told my cycling friend Bobby that I would run his first 5K with him. He had done a class with Run On and he needed to go run one! He surprised me with this one, no really, on Monday he told me he had signed us up. He's Type B, so it's expected. I told him that was fine as long as he went for a bike ride with me afterwards since I was missing my long bike ride day for it.

On Thursday, I got sick. Missed my Thursday night workout because I was feeling horrible and I always take Friday's off. So, by Saturday morning, just making it to the race was an accomplishment. Especially since I spent half the night awake, coughing and ended up sleeping on the sofa.

So, I picked him and his bike up and we drove down to the race.
Run
  • 26m 34s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 32s  min/mile
Comments:

No real goals for this race, other than to just finish. I didn't really push myself, since I wasn't feeling 100%. Figured I would just do what felt good.

Now I will say that I did push myself some and I didn't take is easy, but I also didn't go all out. I was just surviving.

So I am pretty surprised that I got 2nd in my age group... and I was only 5 seconds off winning first in my age group.

With that said, obviously the field was NOT very competitive. I mean really, my per minute mile was not impressive. I understand this. Not sure if there were any awards. Since I never win anything, we just took off.

Overall a decent run, but I have done better. First stand alone 5K in YEARS though... so that's cool.

At the end I walked back on the course and found my friend to run in pushing him to the finish line.

**Note: this race was odd, because there were protesters there. Yes, protesters for how Barnum and Bailey treats the elephants. I guess they are humane to the rest of the animals? Anyways, it was a little odd to have protesters by the finish line... watching us run. Can't say they were cheering for us. I wanted to ask each one of them if they were vegan, because if the eat meat, eggs, or milk, they are supporting animal abuse through their eating. I figured I would opt to not be confrontational at a 5K and just steered clear of them.**
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around, then headed to the car. The parking garage line was not moving, so we got our bikes out and headed out for a bike run. Fun times. :)

Event comments:

Overall a nice little race. Really geared towards newbies and families. Good race if you want to win your age group without much effort! So that's nice! Ha! It was cute having the circus theme and people from the circus there.

Last updated: 2010-05-23 12:00 AM
Running
00:26:34 | 03.11 miles | 08m 32s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/73
Overall: 0/
Performance: Below average
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2010-05-23 9:17 PM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Subject: Red Nose Run

2010-05-23 10:15 PM
in reply to: #2877153

User image

Expert
Waller County, TX
Subject: RE: Red Nose Run
Good job.

Your pace might be "slow", but you were faster than 71 other gals in your AG!

Protesters at a race?!? Seems like everyone is upset about something nowadays.

Way to race... One day you'll be breaking that 8 minute per mile barrier.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Red Nose Run Rss Feed