Columbia Triathlon Association
HOTF / 0C
Sunny
Total Time = 6h 19m 36s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = Clydesdale
Age Group Rank = 15/34
Pre-race routine:

We had decided to make a 3 day trip out of this race and it was fun!!! Hung out with great friends all weekend!!

Race morning woke up at 4:15 had car already packed night before since we needed to check out before race, (next year staying till Monday) had bagel with peanut butter and water.. Off to WaWa for my coffee and in Transition by 5:40 getting ready and I hear NO WETSUIT!!! Oh crap I said, or maybe something else…. But I wasn’t to thrilled but nothing I could do …. Hung out and waited had everything set and there was a 15 minute delay….

Event warmup:

little stretching not much more than that
Swim
  • 1h 02m 7s
  • 2112 yards
  • 02m 56s / 100 yards
Comments:

Holy crap that was a long swim, thought I was doing ok felt good and comfy till I looked at watch at orange bouey and saw 27:10 I thought I was around 20 min or so… I was trying to stick to reach and gluide the whole way, well at that point I was just trying to get out of water, I did and heard and saw Cassie standing there rooting me on!!! Got out of water and felt kinda good except my time, but off I went…my goal was 45 min(with a wetsuit) think swim was a little longer than 1.2 ???
What would you do differently?:

Not sure.... wear a wetsuit...
Transition 1
  • 02m 16s
Comments:

Very uneventfull.. all went well…

notta thing
Bike
  • 2h 57m 39s
  • 56 miles
  • 18.91 mile/hr
Comments:

Went out feeling well, very well. Kept power where I wanted to for sure even a few numbers higher maybe, and felt good, saw my buddy Steve a mile 5 and hung with him and he said “Go race your race see ya at finish” so I did, the volunteers were AWESOME, just wish the water was Cold somehow instead of warm water, I only brought my nutrition on bike and used water at aid stations, did spot on with nutrition, with help from Denise (Imodium, love it) had in T1 and also at bike finish. The bike was really good except my power meter computer thing stopped at mile 30, so had no clue where I was with that stuff but felt good and had a lot left in tank for run, which was nice….ALot of great people out there on course and all talking having fun out there, the head wind started at I think 40-50 markers, wind my 4 letter word for biking!!!! Very pleased with this effort as my goal was 2:55

dug a little deeper and harder at end...
Transition 2
  • 03m 39s
Comments:

Feeling real good, had legs under me and I got pointed in wrong direction for run out, no worries I just turned around and went back the other way mistakes happen….I should have known where to go… good lesson learned

known where run out was...
Run
  • 2h 13m 55s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 10m 13s  min/mile
Comments:

Went put with fuel belt on with 4 nutrition bottles, note to self only 2 next time… Oh yeah with Imodium as well!!! Went out and plan was 9 min pace and I was on track till I stopped at aid stations to get water and ice then motored up again, got caught by a couple people but I passed a lot more than I got caught by, loved the party with the been bags and volleyball, great toons…. The little kids spraying us with water, great support out there, then you get to the quiet places with no shade and just the road ahead, but you had a lot of great volunteers with all the ice and water you needed, and some other stuff I didn’t use… the out and back was fun to see so many familiar faces and rooting everyone on, I walked aid stations and wish I hadnt, but another good lesson learned… finally I had to stop and pee (which was a good sign) I couldn’t hold it anymore. I really felt good on way back in and at the end I took off my fuel belt tossed to side for that good finish photo and was so HAPPY running down that finish shoot with the crowd and all…

Run through aid stations and learn to frink as I run...
Post race
Warm down:

went to fire truck and got doused with the hose to cool down...

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Heat and no wetsuit

Event comments:

Overall I was thrilled!!!! Was shooting for 6 Hr mark but damn those were some off tough conditions with the heat. Finished 15/38 in Clydesdale and I had 3rd fastest run in Clydesdale!!!!! I definitely would like to be blessed to this event next year. Thanks to all the volunteers, to BPC for your great coaching you guys are awesome!!! Congrats to Kona qualifiers and Clearwater!!!!! To my wife Cassie, Thanks for being my # 1 supporter, my friends that say get your ass in the water, and that made me believe I am getting better, my family tracking me, you all are the best… until next time, I am off to continue my training for IMLP this year!!! Have Fun or don’t do it…. C ya!!!!

Last updated: 2010-06-14 12:00 AM
Swimming
01:02:07 | 2112 yards | 02m 56s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/34
Overall: 0/
Performance: Bad
Suit: no wetsuit
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 79F / 26C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 02:16
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
02:57:39 | 56 miles | 18.91 mile/hr
Performance: Good
Wind: Headwind
Course: flat and fast
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 03:39
Overall: Below average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
02:13:55 | 13.1 miles | 10m 13s  min/mile
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2010-06-14 3:49 PM

Jersey Shore
Subject: EagleMan Ironman 70.3 Triathlon

2010-06-14 4:02 PM
in reply to: #2921115

User image

Master
SMIBville
Subject: RE: EagleMan Ironman 70.3 Triathlon
Great job out there.  I'm pretty sure that walking thru the aid stations to get fluids down was more or less a necessity for everyone given those conditions!  Good luck at LP!
2010-06-14 7:19 PM
in reply to: #2921115

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » EagleMan Ironman 70.3 Triathlon Rss Feed