View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Marble Falls, Texas
United States
Total Time = 1h 46m 5s
Overall Rank = 7/371
Age Group = M45-49
Age Group Rank = 1/28
Pre-race routine:

Got up at 4:30 to eat some toast, banana and coke zero to get going. Drove to site to set everything up.
Event warmup:

Got everything set up and then stretched and went for short run with some pickups to get warmed up. After that went into water for a swim warmup.
Swim
  • 16m 32s
  • 1094 yards
  • 01m 31s / 100 yards
Comments:

I was happy with this swim. Don't think I've EVERY been 1st out of the water in my wave. For some reason everybody went to the right after the first turn and I stayed to the inside. Everybody seamed to be 10 yards to my right so I had completely clean water and I was heading right for the next turn so I just stayed there.
Transition 1
  • 01m 25s
Comments:

Horrible, horrible transition. I lost at least 25 seconds because I could find my bike. It's not like this is a huge race and I could not see it. Finally got to bike and took off speed suit, put on sunglasses and helmet and was off with shoes clipped on bike.58
Bike
  • 58m 27s
  • 23 miles
  • 23.61 mile/hr
Comments:

I wasn't sure how my legs would react to all the training lately but I was really happy with how the felt. This is a hilly course and I really wanted to make sure I just spun up the hills. The first 4 miles are all up hill with some good climbs so I just stayed within myself and then hit it harder after the first 4. I wouldn't say I readlined the whole way as I held some back for the run. I actually think I could've gone harder but I just wasn't sure how my legs would react with the recent volume.
Transition 2
  • 00m 43s
Comments:

Pretty standard T2. Out of shoes on bike. Racked bike, put on shoes and grabbed had and race belt and I was off and running.
Run
  • 28m 56s
  • 4.4 miles
  • 06m 35s  min/mile
Comments:

I felt great coming off the bike and settled into a nice pace. I passed one guy in the first 1/4 mile and that was it for the rest of the run. I knew at this point I was leading my AG and figured I wouldn't catch any of the younger guys ahead of me. I felt like I slowed a little on the last mile but there wasn't a lot of incentive as I knew I wouldn't pass anybody else and I knew there was nobody behind me.
Post race
Warm down:

I should've gone for another short run or I should've run later in the evening because I always feel like I need more running miles. :-)

Last updated: 2010-07-05 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:16:32 | 1094 yards | 01m 31s / 100yards
Age Group: 1/28
Overall: 25/371
Performance:
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting: