Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2010-08-19 9:44 AM
in reply to: #3050435

User image

Veteran
Ardmore, Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Chicago..Help!
I got stuck in that situation enough times that I actually created a permanent "Plan B"... here it is:

I tell strangers I am a blogger or journalist (cause if it is good it could sell and then I would actually be a journalist- right?!)  I tell everyone I sit next to (plane, hotel staff, taxi driver, other shoppers, random people at the bar- I always eat at the bar!)  I am freelancing for the weekend and can I ask them some suggestions they'd have for women traveling alone, or whatever topic I make up that I am blogging about. 
This gave me a valid reason to talk to total strangers and not seem creepy, plus people like to talk about themselves so it's easy for them too. And it gave me a sort of "mask" to hide behind that made me more comfortable being out there alone.  Fake it till you make it, right?!  I actually even wore fake glasses once!

2010-08-19 9:49 AM
in reply to: #3052308

User image

Champion
Chicago
gonnafinish plscheer - 2010-08-19 9:44 AM

I got stuck in that situation enough times that I actually created a permanent "Plan B"... here it is:

I tell strangers I am a blogger or journalist (cause if it is good it could sell and then I would actually be a journalist- right?!)  I tell everyone I sit next to (plane, hotel staff, taxi driver, other shoppers, random people at the bar- I always eat at the bar!)  I am freelancing for the weekend and can I ask them some suggestions they'd have for women traveling alone, or whatever topic I make up that I am blogging about. 
This gave me a valid reason to talk to total strangers and not seem creepy, plus people like to talk about themselves so it's easy for them too. And it gave me a sort of "mask" to hide behind that made me more comfortable being out there alone.  Fake it till you make it, right?!  I actually even wore fake glasses once!

I actually am a journalist and still seem creepy when I tell women that I'm traveling alone. They get especially skeeved when I say `Yeah I'm traveling alone this week on assignment for my company. My name is Tony Goggs, by the way, and I'm staying at the W on Adams, room 227. So, another drink?'
2010-08-19 1:30 PM
in reply to: #3052326

User image

Master
Ohio
mr2tony - 2010-08-19 10:49 AM
gonnafinish plscheer - 2010-08-19 9:44 AM I got stuck in that situation enough times that I actually created a permanent "Plan B"... here it is:

I actually am a journalist and still seem creepy when I tell women that I'm traveling alone. They get especially skeeved when I say `Yeah I'm traveling alone this week on assignment for my company. My name is Tony Goggs, by the way, and I'm staying at the W on Adams, room 227. So, another drink?'

M-Shell, If Tony asks you out while you're there, make sure you bring a chaperone.  Otherwise have a great time!
2010-08-19 1:41 PM
in reply to: #3053077

User image

Champion
Chicago
David tri's - 2010-08-19 1:30 PM

mr2tony - 2010-08-19 10:49 AM
gonnafinish plscheer - 2010-08-19 9:44 AM I got stuck in that situation enough times that I actually created a permanent "Plan B"... here it is:

M-Shell, If Tony asks you out while you're there, make sure you bring a chaperone.  Otherwise have a great time!

Yeah ... you didn't have a chaperone when we went out in Columbus and look what happened.
2010-08-19 11:53 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Louisville, KY
Tony seems like a perfect gentleman so far...unless there are things  you people from around here know that I don't

He has been kind enough offer suggestions to sell my tix, and find things to do.....I think he's a cool dude.   I hope I get to at least bump into a few of you while I'm here.  Just got in.....am exhausted.  Good night!!  Tickets gone!!!  Spa calling my name, and a few stores too.  Anyone up for anything else....oh, like FOOD..let me know.  TYping's bad, I'm tired.  Night all!
2010-08-20 1:05 PM

User image

New user
go to Chicago, do the spa thing, watch the game that you were going to go to on a tv for a lot less than what the tickets cost you and eat lot's of deep dish pizza and loaded hot dogs (consider the food fuel for when you go out and party!).

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Chicago..Help! Rss Feed  

of 2