BkBltd
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 19m 5s
Overall Rank = 4/
Age Group = 40+
Age Group Rank = 1/
Pre-race routine:

Warm up with my wife and son and did dynamic stretching. This was the day after another 5k we did at our church. SO back to back 5ks. We were all a bit sore but ready to run hard again.
Run
  • 19m 5s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 06m 08s  min/mile
Comments:

I started out front and let a young tall stocky guy lead us out. I thought he would blow up for sure just looking at his build. He looked more like a basketball player. He ended up being 2nd overall. Then 2 ohter guys pass me and I knew they were both faster so I just kept one of them in my sights. This guy is a fast local runner who also coaches CC at a local high school. He is usually 2-3 minutes faster than me at this distance. TOday I kept him within 30 seconds the whole race. My legs were a bit tired but really felt ok. FIrst mile was 5:48 and the second was 5:57 the last mile was around 6:20 I believe. SO i felt good about holding it together today. I was almost 40 seconds faster today than yesterday but on a much easier course. Yesterday was big hills and climbing. Finished hard and saw no one behind me. Beat the next guy by 45 seconds. Felt good to be done. Then watched my wife strategically tear apart the lead woman at the finish line. THe girl had no idea she was there. Great work on her part. SO my wife was first female and I was 4th male. My son was wrecked from yesterday but held on for 3rd in his agegroup.
What would you do differently?:

Not run the day before.
Post race
Warm down:

Walking around and eating free pancakes.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

fatigue on the legs.

Event comments:

WE did this race because it was a benefit for one of my wifes friends. It was a brain cancer fund raiser. This was the 13 year for the race. The timing company screwed up and had people with the wrong chips on so they came up as other people. Weird. Overall a fun race.

Last updated: 2010-08-21 12:00 AM
Running
00:19:05 | 03.11 miles | 06m 08s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/
Overall: 4/
Performance: Good
Course: Wash park race course. A big loop plus some of the second loop. Pretty much flat..
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? No
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes