Canada
83F / 28C
Sunny
Total Time = 42m 56s
Overall Rank = 29/85
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 5/10
Pre-race routine:

Got up ate a Bagel, Went down watched the kids of Steel, Got the bike out and went for 4 km bike ride nice and easy to make sure it was good. Walked around talked with friends.
Swim
  • 08m 42s
  • 410 yards
  • 02m 07s / 100 yards
Comments:

Finished up the swim better then I thought. But running out of the water to the trasition area was about 400 m run after the swim.. I finished the swim in like 6-7th place but got passed by 10 people running to the time mat...hahha.
What would you do differently?:

More practice in swimming. And more work on breathing. I was holding my breath a lot to keep pushing. But finished up way better then I thought I would do.

Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

T1 plus Bike plus T2 all rolled into bike time

Nothing. I had a good transition. They had us all run to the end of the transition and around and back down to our bikes in order to make it fair for everyone. I think this was a bit of a farce. If you get their early and get a great spot in transition why shouldn't you benifit from it....
Bike
  • 20m 2s
  • 10 kms
  • 29.95 km/hr
Comments:

Great course, Very happy with my cycling. Second lap got difficult with increased traffic and it got difficult to pass in a few spots. I was warned about drafting in one spot but the road was 5 wide with cyclists and me shouting for room to pass. Then when I was back on the main road on my way back I knocked my Garmin off on the road. I slowed down and then said to heck with it and picked the pace back up. My buddy passed me when I did this.

Make sure my Garmin was securely snapped in. I didn't have it for the run and I suffered for it.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

Combined with bike time. I was pleased again with it. The racks were high and there were still some kids bikes taking up space around the limited racks. But still very happy with my transistion

Nothing
Run
  • 14m 13s
  • 2 kms
  • 07m 07s  min/km
Comments:

I went out too hard without my Garmin I was not too sure of my pace. I walked once on the leg out for about 20 seconds...then started running again and realized I must be pushing too hard. I also had to walk once on the way back for about 20-30seconds. My average run pace is 7:15 and I my tempo pace is 6:30. I must have been pushing about 5:30ish or so at times which caused me to have to stop and walk. Even with the walks my average pace was just under my long run pace... Still very pleased

Need to improve on my running and find a way to know my pace without my garmin. I rely on it too much. I also should not have dropped my garmin on the bike.
Post race
Warm down:

walk around hug my wife and high five friends and eat a banana and drink more.. wander around and wait for results... cheer on other people

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I went out too hard on the run. and without my garmin I didn't know how to pace myself.

Event comments:

Great Race, Lots of volunteers that desirve a round of applause. The Transition area being about 400 m from where you end the swim was a bit rough. Didn't like the fact you had to run into the transition then run around it to get to your bike. But well orginized with lots of people helping. Great event. I will be back for next year for sure.

Last updated: 2010-05-05 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:08:42 | 410 yards | 02m 07s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/10
Overall: 16/85
Performance:
Suit: wetsuit
Course: In water start with a loop swim. It was shallow at points and had no choice but to dolphin dive in a few spots. Swimming was causing my hands to jam into the sand.
Start type: Wade Plus: Shot
Water temp: 68F / 20C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Average
Breathing: Good Drafting: Average
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:20:02 | 10 kms | 29.95 km/hr
Overall: 6/85
Performance: Good
This includes the Transistion to the bike and to the run for the total time.
Wind: Some
Course: Course was a two look 5km route.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Average Hills:
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:14:13 | 02 kms | 07m 07s  min/km
Overall: 60/85
Performance: Below average
Course: It was an L shape out and back. Short run through the bush for 250 m then a left turn and a run for 750 meters and then back. Water station at the 750 m mark so you can get water twice was really nice on this course. Running was on gravel which I have never really done. And back in the bush so shaded in spots.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2010-08-29 7:36 AM

User image

Chatham Ontario
Subject: Bulldog signs Rondeau

2010-08-29 8:54 AM
in reply to: #3069558

User image

Master
Southern Ontario
Subject: RE: Bulldog signs Rondeau
Great race report!! Good choice to leave the garmin - even though it made the run tough. 

Huge improvements in just a couple months! Way to go!!!!!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Bulldog signs Rondeau Rss Feed