Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Bike
  • 7h 26m
  • 106.1 miles
  • 14.27 mile/hr
Comments:

So this was a century ride. Deemed as the hardest century in America. Is was brutal. You seemed to be climbing all day. Grades on the climbs were between 10% and 15% all day.Here is the break down of the climbs. http://www.deercreekchallenge.com/courses.htmlI felt pretty good all day as I didn't push the pace on any of the early climbs. Pushed it on the last climb but it was the hardest and the steepest and we got to do it twice this day. Lots of great support. The aid stations had everything! Pizza, licorice, cookies, prtzels, PB&J's, they served gu brew, which I don't care for. Anyway, super great training ride in preparation for IMAZ. I am sure my longest ride will not be longer than this in time.
Post race
Event comments:

Great inaugural event! Well supported. I will do it again next year. SOme girl thought this was harder than an Ironman, I don't know about that but it was the hardest century I have done.

Last updated: 2010-08-30 12:00 AM
Biking
07:26:00 | 106.1 miles | 14.27 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Wind: Headwind
Course: This course goes over 4 passes and has an 12,751 vertical feet of climbing through out!
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2010-08-30 2:22 PM

User image

Official BT Coach
Englewood, CO
Subject: Deer creek Challenge Century Ride

2010-08-30 2:52 PM
in reply to: #3071777

User image

Pro
Parker, CO
Subject: RE: Deer creek Challenge Century Ride

Nice job Mark! Hell of a lot of climbing and you must have had some wind too!  It sure was windy south anyway.  I was thinking about this one as I have covered that entire route at some time or another...just not all in one day.  Glad it went off well in its inaugural year.  I might ride it next summer.

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Deer creek Challenge Century Ride Rss Feed