General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lake Carroll Oly & Sprint, Sept 19th? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2010-09-22 2:46 PM
in reply to: #3084440

User image

Expert
Leicester
Subject: RE: Lake Carroll Oly & Sprint, Sept 19th?
Yeah, unfortunately the pre-registered number of participants was way higher than the number on the day, so when we set the racks out and put the numbers on them, if we would have gone 8 to a rack there would have been a few pre-registered numbers without a rack!

When we had done with the rack numbering and I went to the registration desk, it turned out that there were quite a few people not showing up or even turning up and driving away!
about I think less than 75% of the on paper total actually raced.

Murphys law though, if we's have spaced out the numbers... every last person would have shown up!

2010-09-23 8:50 AM

User image

I can see where that must have been hard to plan...kind of like trying to set up for a potentially big party when you figure you could have either tons of people if all show up, or barely anyone if people have different plans I must be cheap--I can't imagine paying $85-100 for a race, actually making it to the race site, and then NOT racing!!

Another question--was there a race photographer there? I thought I saw someone with a huge SLR with telephoto lens taking pics as we came around that final turn on the bike lap, and before they updated the website to add the results, I thought I remembered some info about race photos. Anyone know?
2010-09-24 2:03 PM

Glad to see other people's quads were burning on those hills too.  My husband and I had fun for our first ever triathlon.  I think I should have worked harder on biking the hills.  I was the 3rd person out of the water, so that means about 39 people passed me on the bike   I did crash at the bottom of the biggest hill and had to walk my bike up that hill.  I still had fun though.

I'm also interested to know whether or not someone took pictures that are available.  I saw someone taking pictures at 2 different locations while I was on my bike.  If someone finds out any info on the pics, can you please post it?  Thank you!

2010-09-29 5:25 PM

Hello,

I had alot of fun at this triathlon! This was my first triathlon and I did better than I thought I would, but it helped being first out of the swim! All you guys did great! I was also curious if anyone has found any race photos?

Thanks,
Stephen
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lake Carroll Oly & Sprint, Sept 19th? Rss Feed  

of 2