Overall Rank = 25/500
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 2/26
Swim
  • 29m 6s
  • 1640 yards
  • 01m 46s / 100 yards
Comments:

seeded myself a bit high as I got passed a lot! tried to get into drafts but got dropped several times DEVASTATING!
Transition 1
  • 01m 48s
Comments:

long run up hill, couldnt get tri top on, strugged with shoes, struggled mentally to see if i need to stop and see medic.
Bike
  • 1h 10m 25s
  • 26.1 miles
  • 22.24 mile/hr
Comments:

Tough bike course, averages 94 cadence and 223 watts for course (im 151 lbs) Played cat and mouse with a guy for awhile, he was going HARD up hills and would pass several people, I KNEW he couldnt do this for long, its just a part of racing. With about 8 miles left I dropped him and several other people as I was racing with a power goal in mind and knew what I could sustain. Goal was not to get passed on bike and no one ended up passing me!

Foot hurt a hair at beginning but soon forgot about it
What would you do differently?:

Nothing
Transition 2
  • 00m 54s
Comments:

hands sweaty and precipation and air made my hands really slippery trying to do flying dismount, almost went down but saved it, everyone telling us to slow down way before the dismount line kind of throws you off, its for safety i know but on that downhill its a shame!

took off sunglasses for some reason and had to put them back on took a few seconds!
What would you do differently?:

nothing
Run
  • 41m 47s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 06m 44s  min/mile
Comments:

game plan was to take it easy up first hill out of T2, well i forgot to do that. Hope I dont pay for that later.

right off the bat foot felt bad, run through the pain! and try not to open up cut any more before augusta. Ran tough thoughout race, happy with my run performance!

Post race
Warm down:

cooled down, had a mix1 and some ultragen. looked for coldfire all morning when swim was delayed, finally found him after race, nice to see you and everyone else. 2011 hopefully ill run into you again at a race, def. am planning on tugaloo again if it fits into my training/work schedule.

had medic clean foot up, felt fine saturday on trip home and walking though grocery store with endorphins still kicking, now it is tuesday and Im still limping around trying to figure out when i can run/bike/swim before augusta, hope this rest is paying off, still had some key workouts i need to get in before augusta, doesnt look good though. Ill have plenty of rest for this taper now.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Great performance overall!

Last updated: 2010-08-08 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:29:06 | 1640 yards | 01m 46s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/26
Overall: 0/500
Performance: Average
Suit:
Course: good course, really like the TT start! cant wait for this race next year! felt very good at the first turnaround buoy then i started to notice my timing strap felt loose and started to worry it was about to come off (stop and tighten or keep going) I'll keep going! then the pain came! that object i felt on my right foot running into the water must have cut my foot! the burn only got worse and the skin moving around with my kick was not making it any better. Stop to see what the damage was like or keep going? i'll keep going and see what its like when i get out of the water! Swim was made up of short bursts to get on peoples feet and me doing breast stroke to mentally think about the rest of the race! this was the first race i mentally broke down and this early, i wanted to stop during the swim to make sure my foot was alright, i just wawnted to stop! I fought through the swim but was not ready for run up the hill through the sand with foot, cleaned off in tub and checked it in transition, cut pretty bad but put sock on and decided to ride it off.
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 84F / 29C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:48
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:10:25 | 26.1 miles | 22.24 mile/hr
Performance: Good
Wind: Some
Course: good course, cant wait for next year
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:54
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:41:47 | 06.21 miles | 06m 44s  min/mile
Performance:
Course: TOUGH COURSE
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2010-09-14 9:20 AM

Regular
Subject: The Tugaloo Triathlon

2010-09-14 12:43 PM
in reply to: #3097443

User image

Master
Atlanta, GA
Subject: RE: The Tugaloo Triathlon

Great result...seriously strong running...bike was not bad at all.  You are going to do very well at Augusta.  Good luck.

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » The Tugaloo Triathlon Rss Feed