Big Peach Running Company
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 48m 43s
Overall Rank = 130/
Age Group = 45-49
Age Group Rank = 14/
Pre-race routine:

Got up early and ate a little. Walked over to a friends house and rode up to the start line. Met up with Doug.
Event warmup:

I did a few strides. I made a real mistake here. I should have taken my time and got the body going some. I should have worked up a little sweat and done some harder strides. I felt cold at the start.
Run
  • 48m 50s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 07m 52s  min/mile
Comments:

My goal was sub 50...nothing else. My plan was 7:45 miles for the first three, then turn it up. Well, that did not happen. First mile - 7:08. Second mile - 7:30 Third Mile - 7:45 I was thinking...good I am on pace now just hold it. Mile 4 hurt. I felt really bad. I kept it together - focus on form and no negative thoughts. Got to mile 5 and felt better. I hooked on to a guy and stopped looking at my garmin. Just kept him in front of me. I looked at my watch with 1.2 mile to go....10 mins. Crap. I opened the hurt locker and crawled inside. I knew I had to run low 7s to make it. I turned the corner to the finish line and saw 48:35...yes. I sprinted all the way in. PR!
What would you do differently?:

Go out slower and build.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around and met up with some local friends. Found Doug and we tried to talk, but every person that did an IM was his best friend. They all wanted the download on entire race. Finally, fhe got a way from everyone and we talked for 30 min. Met MinistryofSports at his Acellerade (sp?)table. Nice slow walk home did the trick.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My goal was sub 50 and I did it. I will stay positive and take it to the bank.

Event comments:

With the start line a very quick 5 min ride away and the finish line an easy warm down walk away, it is hard not to do the race. It was a fun race.

Last updated: 2010-07-12 12:00 AM
Running
00:48:50 | 06.21 miles | 07m 52s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: Flat and down hill...a few small rollers.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes