General Discussion Race Reports! » Samsung Time Trial Triathlon & MetroPCS Duathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Samsung Time Trial Triathlon & MetroPCS Duathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Pembroke Pine, Florida
United States
MultiRace / Publix FWW
85F / 29C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 09m 27s
Overall Rank = 59/215
Age Group = Female 45-49
Age Group Rank = 1/10
Pre-race routine:

Photobucket

The Samsung Time Trial Triathlon was other great Event organized for the people of

Photobucket and Photobucket

Event that took place in CB Smith Park in Pembroke Pine, Florida...last Aug.28th holding a Triathlon and Duathlon at the same time with 215 thriathletes and 88 Duathletes...

Friday Aug.26th:
We went for Carbo Load dinner to Olive Garden...Buddy got the Seafood Portofino...and...for me...the Grilled Shrimp Caprese...very Yummmmy...!!!

Saturday Aug.27th:
Woke-up late...nice...!!!
Took my usual Saurday full breakfast: Orange Juice, eggs, bacon with toasted bagels w/cream cheese, slices of turkey and salame, and brie on top, coffee w/milk...Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy!!!
And Off Course...my package of Multi-Vitamins and Minerals, Amino 1500, Glucosamine and CO Q-10

Wiped/waxed/lubed/tuned bike....changed wheels for Race Wheels...prepared/packed all my Race Stuff...and...beverages for Race...

Took a good lunch...a lasagna...and...after 1/2 hour...took an 1 hour nap...nice....!!!!

Got early dinner...grilled salmon and steams sparagus...

Loaded bikes and Transition Bags into the SUV...and...went to bed at 8 pm to watch some TV till 9 pm when Buddy joined me and did fall sleep...ZzZzzzz

Sunday Aug.28th:
Woke-up at 4:15 am...Got dressed...Took Mariah our dog out...Took our usual Pre-Race breakfast: OJ, my Super-Soy Protein Shake...and...for my Buddy...OJ, waffle with PB and coffee...and...our packages of Multi-Vitamins and Minerals, Amino 1500, Glucosamine and CO Q-10.

Took our coolers with beverages and leave from home around 4:45 am...It took us around 1 hour to get to CB Smith Park...and...just inside...the volunteers indicated us to go to a Parking Lot that We really didn't know...We were lost...and...We found out that they moved the Transition Area next to the lake...very nice...!!!

Took our bikes, bags and coolers and ran fast to get our Race Packages, Bid #s, timming chips and Body Marked...

Buddy got the Bid# 190 / gold cap...and...for me...Bid# 193 / orange cap...and...beside the usual goodie bag...we received a nice hat...

Took our bikes, bags and coolers and ran fast to get our Race Packages, Bid #s, timming chips and Body Marked...

Went to Transition Area...placed bike in my rack area...set up all my stuff like usual...but first put Bid #s in my bike, helmet and belt:

Helmet over seat, a green towel in front on my bike...and...over my biking/running shoes...and...over my biking shoes my sunglasses...my belt with Bid# inside my hat wrapped next to my running shoes with a bottle of frozen water...

Fill my Speedfil with ice/water...checked gears, tires and cyclocomputer...

Placed Tri-bag and cooler out of the rack area next to the fence...and...sat over my cooler...relaxed...closed eyes...and...did my final visualization of the Race...took 1 Hammer Gels, 2 Endurolytes with water and Cytomax ..

Event warmup:

Took swimming cap, googles and wax ear-plugs and headed to the Swim Area... and...jumped into the lake after some stretchings...swam maybe 100 mts and went back to shore...met with Buddy at the line...to wait the start...

The Triathlon had the Time Trial format start (except for the Pro/Elites...all together...like a normal triathlon format...

This Time Trial Race consisted of starting participants 1 at the time at approximately 3 seconds intervals...and...the start was not in a particular order...We (participants) formed a line...and...was first come, first served...

Also...We had the chance to race head to head with our hubbies, buddies, friends, teammates or coachs...small groups...even...We were not in the same category...

Swim
  • 08m 21s
  • 400 meters
  • 02m 05s / 100 meters
Comments:

Buddy got first into the water...and...after 3 secs...I was behind him drafting....till the first bouy...when I passed him...

Here on my way to jump into the lake...

Photobucket

Got at the 2nd bouy...rounded it...and...swam to the Swim Exit...

Just when my fingers touched sand...I got up and ran as fast as possible to the Swim Exit Arch...at the same time...removing googles, swimming cap and wax ear-plugs and put them inisde the cap...

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
What would you do differently?:

Continue with my trainings...
Transition 1
  • 01m 38s
Comments:

It was a short run to Transition...but...just when I got inside...I don't know What I was thinking...cuz...I ran almost till the end of Transition...and...my rack area was at the beginning of the entrance...LOL

Ran back very fast..put sunglasses/ helmet...biking shoes...and..took bike...and ran as fast as possible out of Transition to the mount area...

Even the circunstances...I was the 3rd fastest in my AG / 10 and 73rd Overall / 215....Wuaoooo...not bad...!!!

Practice and practice...and...Pay attention...LOL
Bike
  • 33m 20s
  • 11 miles
  • 19.80 mile/hr
Comments:

Samsung Time Trial Triathlon 2010

The Bike Course was 2 Laps...

Just out of Transition in the mount area...jumped on my bike...and...cranked as fast I could....passing tons of people...even...I really didn't know how I was doing cuz at that point I didn't know where were the other women of my AG...very hard...in that kind of format...You race against You and trying to pass people that started before You...

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

After the 2nd Lap...got at the desmount area...and...I did it like usual...like the Pro/Elites but keeping shoes on...and...jumped off the bike and ran fast inside to Transition....

Continue with my trainings
Transition 2
  • 00m 34s
Comments:

After what happened to me in T1...I decided to focuse very well thsi time...and...it was a very fast transition...I was the fastest in my AG / 10...and...23rd Overall / 215...WooooHoooo....I'm beating record...!!! LOL

Racked bike...changed shoes...removed helmet...took hat and my bottle of water and ran fast out of Transition....

Practice and practice
Run
  • 25m 34s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 08m 15s  min/mile
Comments:

The Run Course was a new course for everybody...2 Laps...3.1 miles...a very nice course...all around the lake...

Just out of Transition...runnning not too fast and not too slow...with a constante pace...put hat and belt with Bid#...and...did drink some water from my bottle...tossed some over my head, neck and shoulders...and...started to push more harder....passing a lot of people..

Just when I got in the mile 2...I pushed a little more and I sprinted to the Finish Line...

Continue with my trainings...
Post race
Warm down:

Just when I passed the Finish Line...a volunteer gave to me a bottle of water and other one removed my timing chip from my left ankle...and...

Just outside of the Finish Line Area...other volunteers were giving us bottles of Muscle Milk...took the chocolate one....Yummmmmmmy and great recovery drink...love it...!!!

And wait for Buddy till he got to the Finish Line and went to Transition Area to collect/packs all our Race Stuff...and...took them with the bikes to the car...

Checked Results...finding out...that...I got other 1st place in my AG...WooooHoooo!!! and Buddy got 2nd in his AG...Congrats...!!!

Total Time: 1h 09m 27s

Age Group Female 45-49: 1st / 10 We were 11 but one good tri-friend was awarded 1st Female Overall...Congrats Colette...!!!

Female Overall: 9th / 78

Overall: 59th / 215 WooooHooooo in the Top 100...!!!

Here the Award Ceremony...

Photobucket

And the Award...a cute Medal...

Photobucket

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing really affected my performance...

Event comments:

Excellent Event as usual...very well organized...on time...lots of volunteers...plenty of water stations...and...great Post-Race food and activities....

Last updated: 2010-05-03 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:08:21 | 400 meters | 02m 05s / 100meters
Age Group: 2/10
Overall: 90/215
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Run Plus: Time Trial
Water temp: 80F / 27C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Good
Waves: Good Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 01:38
Performance: Below average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:33:20 | 11 miles | 19.80 mile/hr
Age Group: 4/10
Overall: 81/215
Wind: Some
Course:
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills:
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:34
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:25:34 | 03.1 miles | 08m 15s  min/mile
Age Group: 2/10
Overall: 64/215
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2010-09-21 8:08 PM

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL
Subject: Samsung Time Trial Triathlon & MetroPCS Duathlon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Samsung Time Trial Triathlon & MetroPCS Duathlon Rss Feed