General Discussion Race Reports! » Silicon Labs Austin Marathon Relay Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Silicon Labs Austin Marathon Relay - RunMarathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Austin, Texas
United States
Total Time = 51m 3s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

After suffering from bad GI issues day before, I woke up at 5am feeling ok. Stomach was still a bit uneasy but I figured I'd be able to gut it out for 7.5 miles.
Event warmup:

None.
Run
  • 51m 3s
  • 7.46 miles
  • 06m 50s  min/mile
Comments:

I lined up near the front of the pack for the start, maybe 3 people back. Seemed like people were sprinting away at the start. I tried not to get to caught up in it and hold my own pace. I didn't look at my Garmin for a little while and then settled on a pace to try and hold. I glanced at my Garmin and realized that pace was 6:47! I was able to hold on for just about the entire length with some pace differences going up/down hills. Lots of good rabbits out there to keep me pushing the pace.
What would you do differently?:

I don't think the 56-mile ride the day before was a big problem as I took it easy but the GI issues were a problem. Feeling stronger on race morning would have been nice. I don't feel like I could have done much better given my situation this time.
Post race
Warm down:

Grabbed a wet towel and banana, went to the team tent and hung out/stretched for a bit. After 20 minutes or so, I went back and got a breakfast burrito.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

GI issues the day before.

Last updated: 2010-09-26 12:00 AM
Running
00:51:03 | 07.46 miles | 06m 50s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: From Auditorium shores to around the Capitol then West on Cesar Chavez to Mopac, turn around, and back to AS.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes