General Discussion Race Reports! » Stonebridge Ranch Triathlon - Olympic Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Stonebridge Ranch Triathlon - Olympic - TriathlonOlympic

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
McKinney, Texas
United States
Playtri
69F / 21C
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 20m 40s
Overall Rank = 18/260
Age Group = M25-29
Age Group Rank = 2/20
Pre-race routine:

Ate a banana, powerbar, and bagel with butter and jelly. Also took my Optygen HP.
Event warmup:

Ran a little bit.
Swim
  • 31m 10s
  • 1640 yards
  • 01m 54s / 100 yards
Comments:

Average swim for me since I do no swim training at all. Near the end of the second loop I started to get some flem in my throat. I had to hock up some stuff a few times. Then I started gagging and almost choked on water.
Overall the swim was ok. Didn't really push it a whole lot.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing
Transition 1
  • 01m 56s
Comments:

Had a really good T1. It felt super fast. I didn't fumble around trying to get my helmet snaped like I usually do. Threw my cap and goggles down, helmet on, and got my bike and I was off. We had to run through some grass and over a couple curbs. I just picked up my bike and carried it. That seemed to be the fastest way. Jumping on the bike was good. I waited till about .5miles to get into my shoes b/c there were a couple of hills at first.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing.
Bike
  • 1h 03m 56s
  • 24 miles
  • 22.52 mile/hr
Comments:

Had a pretty good bike. Hit a couple of pot holes on the first lap, but then remembered where they were on the other laps. The first lap was no wind at all. The second, third, and fourth lap, there was quite a bit of wind. It seemed to get stronger each lap. Since it was a square, there was crosswind, tailwind, crosswind, headwind (in that order). Felt pretty good throughout the whole bike. Took one gel Gu Roctane on the second lap and one Gu Roctane about 2min before got to T2. Had my aero drink almost all the way full with water and one bottle on the frame halfway filled with Gatorade. Took the corners a little slow. There was a lot of fog earlier in the morning so it might have been a little slippery on the white paint. Was the best bike split I have thrown down.
Transition 2
  • 00m 52s
Comments:

Again had to carry my bike across the grass and over the curbs. I seemed to take a little longer trying to put my shoes on. Not sure why, but it just seemed like I was taking my time. Racked bike, helmet off, shoes on, and grabbed my race number and was off.
Run
  • 42m 44s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 06m 53s  min/mile
Comments:

Wasn't expecting this course to be hilly at all. I knew that we ran few a few tunnels during the sprint races, but there were even more to run though for the olympic. I tried to take it easy on those little short steep climbs coming out of the tunnels. I didn't want to waste my energy doing that. The first 3 miles I really wanted to try and find a good rhythm and not push it too hard(which I did). I was probably running a little over 7:00min miles. The last 3 miles I really wanted to push it. (I did) I was probably running around 6:45miles or maybe even faster! I was really pushing it! I had one little screw up when I got to one of the signs and cones they had set up. The sign was in the wrong direction and the cones didn't make sense the way they were set up. I saw one guy coming down the hill and he heard me say "What the *#@*" and he said, "Go that way." LOL. Overall I had a great run and had the best run split at this distance.
Post race
Warm down:

Massage and a little bit of food they had there. I PR'd today. It was freaking awesome. I couldn't believe that my run time was going to be that fast. I was really pushing for first place today. I really wanted it. I was just a little less than 2min behind him.

Last updated: 2010-06-25 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:31:10 | 1640 yards | 01m 54s / 100yards
Age Group: 5/20
Overall: 55/260
Performance: Average
Suit:
Course: 2 loops. Rectangle shape.
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 79F / 26C Current: Low
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting: Below average
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding: Average
T1
Time: 01:56
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
01:03:56 | 24 miles | 22.52 mile/hr
Age Group: 2/20
Overall: 26/260
Wind: Some
Course: Square. 4 loops. Hilly. Windy.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:52
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:42:44 | 06.21 miles | 06m 53s  min/mile
Age Group: 3/20
Overall: 18/260
Course: Super hilly. Short steep hills and long gradual hills. Out & back.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2010-09-28 8:40 AM

User image

Bedford
Subject: Stonebridge Ranch Triathlon - Olympic
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Stonebridge Ranch Triathlon - Olympic Rss Feed