FLorida Atlantic University
82F / 28C
Sunny
Total Time = 21m 35s
Overall Rank = 42/447
Age Group = M 30-34
Age Group Rank = 5/26
Pre-race routine:

Love the afternoon start time vs. early AM. Swam int he morning and was still fresh for race. Drove the whole family down and signed them up for 1 mile run.
Event warmup:

Not much, did a lap around track with my daughter and didn't have time to really warm up.
Run
  • 21m 35s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 06m 58s  min/mile
Comments:

I ligned up about 4-5 rows back and was curious of the crowd in front of me with kids etc, but the clutter was unavoidable. First 300 yards was weaving ect trying to get into space. Field seperated pretty quickly and we were off. First mile was 6:40 and that pace felt about right. Must have slowed down 2nd mile cause the 3rd felt as fast as first. Saw buddy James a few minutes from finish then held on for last 1/4 mile.
What would you do differently?:

Try to maybe warm up more. They had folks gathered at start about 10 minutes before race started so could have been more warmed up. Likely had a better kick left for the end, but the pain to gain 5-10 seconds wasn't there:)
Post race
Warm down:

just grabbed a water and looked for family. Then did the 1/4 mile run with daughter and hung out on the track with friends.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I have not trained intervals or any speed work at all this year. That certainly would have helped and gives promise to hopefully break 20 minute mark one day.

Event comments:

1st year of the race so overall thought it was great. Will add an extra water station next year and maybe more kid activities. Really fun run for families with enough serious runners to make it interesting. Thumbs up!

Last updated: 2010-08-13 12:00 AM
Running
00:21:35 | 03.1 miles | 06m 58s  min/mile
Age Group: 5/26
Overall: 42/447
Performance: Good
Course: Around the FAU Campus and finish with a lap around the 1/4 mile track. Decent course and fast finishing mile. Great to run on track and easy for spectators to watch.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes