Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2010-10-20 7:36 AM

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL
Subject: Miami Man Official Thread

Ok Guys....

The countdown for this great Event....is only 25 days 1hr 40 m.....

Who is in ???   Which distance ???    Have you race this one before ???  Have you had the chance to ride the Bike Course before the Race ???

Me....Me....  I'm in.....

I'm racing the 1/2 Iron Distance for 2nd time...but...I have raced this one since 2005....

Yes....I have done many rides in this Bike Course...have the prvilege to live in the Redlands area...and...this Bike Course is my back yard...

We usually organize Bike Rides 2 months prior the Race....and....If you would like to join us for the last 3 ones (Sunday Oct.24th, Oct.31st and Nov.7th)....everybody is welcome even if you are not racing this one...it's a good chance to have an orientation/training ride....and...remember to bring your running shoes...we run after the rides....

You will love this Race...Excellent Event....very well organized...Yahoooooooooooo...!!!

See ya and Good Luck to Everybody....!!!!

Edited by velorider62 2010-10-20 7:37 AM

2010-10-20 7:54 AM
in reply to: #3161788

User image

New user

ORLANDO
Subject: RE: Miami Man Official Thread
I wish i knew about this race earlier, looks like registration is full already haha...

Oh well, maybe next yr!
2010-10-20 8:03 AM
in reply to: #3161818

User image

Extreme Veteran
South Florida
agarabaghi - 2010-10-20 7:54 AM I wish i knew about this race earlier, looks like registration is full already haha...

Oh well, maybe next yr!

You might want to call they had opened it beck up last week so you still might get a spot.

I'm in for the 1/2 and this will be my first. I,m trying to get down and do one of the rides but am having a hard time with my kids sports.

Edited by cpsdad 2010-10-20 8:05 AM
2010-10-20 8:06 AM

User image

New user

ORLANDO
Oh nice maybe i will!
2010-10-20 8:32 AM

User image

Pro
I'm in! International distance - my first! I did an International Distance relay where I swam and ran... but this time I'll be biking, too.
2010-10-20 8:33 AM

User image

New user

ORLANDO
I think if i could sign up i would try the intermediate distance. Just not sure if im ready for that yet...

2010-10-20 9:54 AM

User image

South Florida
I'm in! Along with about 10 other people i train with. I haven't raced MM yet, but have done a "mock" 70.3 a few months ago. I will be down there on Sunday for the ride :-)

Velo- Aren't you friends with Rocio?
2010-10-20 11:31 AM
in reply to: #3162188

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL

nvalaitis - 2010-10-20 10:54 AM I'm in! Along with about 10 other people i train with. I haven't raced MM yet, but have done a "mock" 70.3 a few months ago. I will be down there on Sunday for the ride :-)

Velo- Aren't you friends with Rocio?

Great...!!!

Oh Yeah...I know Rocio Ore...and...all her combo...LOL

See ya on Sunday...and...Please Puntual...7:00 am at Larry & Penny T. Park!!!! LOL

Edited by velorider62 2010-10-20 11:34 AM
2010-10-21 4:22 PM

User image

I'm in for the international distance. Anyone considering a BT get together?
2010-10-21 11:14 PM

User image

Elite
Miami
int'l distance this year.  best of luck with the wind for the 1/2 distance.  don't burn your legs up.
2010-10-24 10:54 AM

User image

Tampa, FL
I am in for the ½ Iron. I did the race in 2007. I had plans to do the race last year, but an injury a few weeks before put me out. The fall has been busy for me. Therefore I am undertrained but I plan to be there.

2010-10-24 3:48 PM

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL

Ok Guys...

So far...We had our 7th Miami Man Group Bike Ride today...a nice group...but...OMG It was very windy...did bring me memories from last year...tough ride in  special on our way back to Transiton with the strong winds coming from east even we had winds coming from south that helped us a little too...but...even the circunstances...We kept it up...Yes...!!!

Thanks Robert, Angelo, Coco, Scoth, Suzy and Wendy...It was nice to share with you guys....!!!

Also...It was nice to see Paul Kvedara with his Hammerhead Group...and...coach Rachael Wood with her group....

The Countdown just started...only....3 Weeks...or...more exactly...20 days and 17hrs...

Well....Take note...2 more Rides before Miami Man...next Sunday, Oct.31st. and Nov. 7th...

See ya next Sunday....and...remember to bring your running shoes....run after the ride....!!!

Edited by velorider62 2010-10-24 3:49 PM
2010-10-24 5:29 PM

User image

Expert
I'm in too.  First half iron distance.  We have 5 of us coming over.  Wish I could ride the course but that's OK.  We had that brutal wind yesterday too.  Coming back over the causeway was brutal.  I had to pedal downhill or I would have stopped on the hill.  Never rode in wind so strong.

Looking forward to event!

Duane
2010-10-25 1:04 PM

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL

Ahhhh....forgot to mention....

Transition Area was changed...not more longer in the Parking Lot as usual...It will be in the grassy area...nice...no more ouch...ouch...running over the rocky Transition Area...!!!

And the Expo will be at the Parking Lot...

Also the Swimming Course was changed...We will start as usual...but...the Swimming Exit will be next to Transition Area....very nice....!!!...and...

For us that race the 1/2 Iron Distance...we will do the u-turn at the new Swim Exit...to start the 2nd lap....

Check here the map...

Also the Run Course will be a little different at The Finish...the finish will be in opposite direction as usual....they are doing great changes to improve more and more the Race....!!!!

Edited by velorider62 2010-10-25 1:11 PM
2010-10-25 9:20 PM

User image

Expert
Highlands Ranch, CO
Hello All,
I was supposed to race last year but gall bladder surgery kept me out of the game. I will be there this year though doing the international distance. Still working out the last minute details (bike shipping etc). It is starting to get cold here in CO so I am looking forward to the warmer weather.  I lived in S. Florida for many years before moving to CO. It will nice to be back for a visit.
We are staying in South Beach and am wondering how much time I should give myself to get to the race site? ( I lived in Boynton Beach so Miami is not familiar to me). I want to get there early.
Any tips about the race that you think might help are more then welcome.
Thanks!
Kathleen
2010-10-26 4:42 PM

User image

Expert
West Palm Beach, FL
I'll be doing the HIM for the second consecutive year.  I just want to beat last year's time which ought to be very possible as long as the winds don't top 50 mph this year.

2010-10-26 11:16 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2010-10-27 10:03 AM
in reply to: #3165709

Master
The Redlands, FL

jasonkoss - 2010-10-21 5:22 PM I'm in for the international distance. Anyone considering a BT get together?

As I'm part of the LIN Socks Team...I will be at Expo at the LIN Socks Stand....Stop by...

We will have tons of running, biking, hiking and compression socks...Excellent prices...!!!

Hope to See ya there.....Ask for Velo...!!!! LOL

2010-10-27 10:24 AM
in reply to: #3171849

Master
The Redlands, FL

Kath2163 - 2010-10-25 10:20 PM Hello All,
I was supposed to race last year but gall bladder surgery kept me out of the game. I will be there this year though doing the international distance. Still working out the last minute details (bike shipping etc). It is starting to get cold here in CO so I am looking forward to the warmer weather.  I lived in S. Florida for many years before moving to CO. It will nice to be back for a visit.
We are staying in South Beach and am wondering how much time I should give myself to get to the race site? ( I lived in Boynton Beach so Miami is not familiar to me). I want to get there early.
Thanks!
Kathleen

Hey Kathleen....

Depends on which Wave you are....You will receive instructions on your Race Package of what time you will need to arrive there....and...a specific entrance...

They have tons of volunteers and police officiers controlling the entrance and parking lot...very well organized....

Now....I really recommend to you to leave from South Beach 1hr15m before your assigned time to arrive....

Tips about the Race:

1.- Swimming Course: It's a very nice crystal lake...nothing to worry here

2.- Bike Course: By the time you are leaving from Transition...the winds are picking-up...usually coming from NEE...you will be flying going out...but...remember...when...you get at the U-turn at the mile 11...You will have strong headwinds/crosswinds on your way back to Transition....be prepared...to save your energy for the last 7 miles...are the toughs ones...in special for us racing the 1/2 Iron distance...also...You will have some car traffic in the last 2 miles on your way back to Transition...even there are tons of volunteers controlling the entrances and exits along the road...stay very alert...cuz....church time...

Last Year We had brutal windy conditions...winds coming from NEE at 30 to 40 mph...It was something never seen before...It's always windy here but nothing like last year...oh well...hoping we will have a great weather this year....

3.- Run Course: A very nice, fun run, a mix of paved, dirty, lime stone, grassy trails...depends of the weather...it can be very breezy, sometimes overcasted and sometimes very sunny and hot...

Hope to See ya....Stop by our LIN Socks Stand....and...ask for Velo...and....Off Course get some socks....the best in the market...!!!! LOL

Good Luck....!!!!

Velo

Edited by velorider62 2010-10-27 10:48 AM
2010-10-27 10:45 AM
in reply to: #3173750

Master
The Redlands, FL

Spleen - 2010-10-26 5:42 PM I'll be doing the HIM for the second consecutive year.  I just want to beat last year's time which ought to be very possible as long as the winds don't top 50 mph this year.

Tell me about it...!!!! LOL

It was very brutal last year even I did it in 6hrs 05m 52s...and...I really want to beat my time too...it will be my revenge...!!! LOL

WooooHoooo...Bring it to me Baby....!!!

See ya there and Good Luck...and....remember to stop by our LIN Socks Stand at the Expo....!!!!

2010-10-29 3:26 PM

New user

south FL
A few questions from a first timer at Miami man (and at HIM)...

1. Is there any water bottle exchange on the bike (similar to the exchange in escape to miami race)? I've never actually done it in the E2M, but just in case nov. 14th is a little extra hot, i'll pack the free publix water bottles and not my polars so I'm less sad about tossing them

2.  How are the water stations on the run - every mile? Do you recommend using a water belt? 

3. Any other special nuances to this race? (Thanks Velo for your info about about the head winds on the way back to transition - that will be so mentally helpful!)

Lastly, I am planning to ride with the group this Sunday...getting excited!!!

Thanks for any info you are able to share!! 

2010-10-29 3:45 PM
in reply to: #3174998

Expert
Highlands Ranch, CO
velorider62 - 2010-10-27 9:24 AM

Kath2163 - 2010-10-25 10:20 PM Hello All,
Thanks!
Kathleen

Hey Kathleen....

Depends on which Wave you are....You will receive instructions on your Race Package of what time you will need to arrive there....and...a specific entrance...

They have tons of volunteers and police officiers controlling the entrance and parking lot...very well organized....

Now....I really recommend to you to leave from South Beach 1hr15m before your assigned time to arrive....

Tips about the Race:

1.- Swimming Course: It's a very nice crystal lake...nothing to worry here

2.- Bike Course: By the time you are leaving from Transition...the winds are picking-up...usually coming from NEE...you will be flying going out...but...remember...when...you get at the U-turn at the mile 11...You will have strong headwinds/crosswinds on your way back to Transition....be prepared...to save your energy for the last 7 miles...are the toughs ones...in special for us racing the 1/2 Iron distance...also...You will have some car traffic in the last 2 miles on your way back to Transition...even there are tons of volunteers controlling the entrances and exits along the road...stay very alert...cuz....church time...

Last Year We had brutal windy conditions...winds coming from NEE at 30 to 40 mph...It was something never seen before...It's always windy here but nothing like last year...oh well...hoping we will have a great weather this year....

3.- Run Course: A very nice, fun run, a mix of paved, dirty, lime stone, grassy trails...depends of the weather...it can be very breezy, sometimes overcasted and sometimes very sunny and hot...

Hope to See ya....Stop by our LIN Socks Stand....and...ask for Velo...and....Off Course get some socks....the best in the market...!!!! LOL

Good Luck....!!!!

Velo

Thanks so much!!  I appreciate it.
2010-10-29 5:38 PM
in reply to: #3184464

Master
The Redlands, FL

sediehl - 2010-10-29 4:26 PM A few questions from a first timer at Miami man (and at HIM)...

1. Is there any water bottle exchange on the bike (similar to the exchange in escape to miami race)? I've never actually done it in the E2M, but just in case nov. 14th is a little extra hot, i'll pack the free publix water bottles and not my polars so I'm less sad about tossing them

2.  How are the water stations on the run - every mile? Do you recommend using a water belt? 

3. Any other special nuances to this race? (Thanks Velo for your info about about the head winds on the way back to transition - that will be so mentally helpful!)

Lastly, I am planning to ride with the group this Sunday...getting excited!!!

Thanks for any info you are able to share!! 

Hey sediehl...

1.- Yes...there is a water station and Porta Potties for us that race the 1/2 Iron Distance....at the mile 13....where you can have bottle of water or exchange your bottle....

From this point you will start a 14 miles loop and you will return again to the water station...and....start your 2nd Lap....and...return again to the water station before going back to Transition...that means...you can get water 3 times during this Bike Course...

2. - There are water station every mile on the Run Course...with water, sport drinks (I don't know which one for this year), bananas, slices of orange, gels and endurolytes....About the water belt It's up to you...in my particualr case I need to drink a lot...

See ya on Sunday...!!!

Velo

Edited by velorider62 2010-10-29 5:41 PM
2010-11-03 8:53 AM

Master
The Redlands, FL

Ok Guys....

We are having the last Miami Man Group Bike Ride this Sunday, Nov.7th....last chance to ride the Bike Course before Race.....Everybody is welcome....Join us at Larry & Penny T. Park, Shelter #2 at 7:00 am....Puntual...Please...!!!!

Bring your running shoes...We will run after the ride...!!!

and

Remember...the Fall Back Time Change is this Sunday...adjust your watches and clocks 1hr backward...Don't show up at 6:00 am...LOL Just saying....

Edited by velorider62 2010-11-03 8:54 AM
2010-11-05 11:25 AM

Master
The Redlands, FL

Ok Guys....

Last Miami Man Group Bike Ride this Sunday, Nov.7th....Don't miss the chance to ride the Miami Man Bike Course....Join us at Larry & Penny T. Park, Shelter #2 at 7:00 am....Puntual....Please...!!!!

and

Bring your running shoes...we will run after the ride....!!!!

Also...Remember...Fall Back Time Change is this Sunday...Adjust your watches and clocks 1hr backward...LOL

See ya on Sunday...!!!

Velo

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Miami Man Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 3