General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Has anyone done or doing the Cayuga Lake tri? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-08-02 4:11 PM

Regular
Maine
Subject: Has anyone done or doing the Cayuga Lake tri?
I'm doing the Cayuga Lk Tri this weekend - my first. I grew up in the area and know the terrain well but have never run this specific trail before. I met a guy who works at my LBS and he did it last year and said he didn't like the run so much - trail up to Taughannock Falls and back down. Anyone here done it? What did you think of the run? I know the bike is going to be a challenge - first 4mi or so up hill - they say the first 2mi are uphill but I rode it and it's more like 4mi!

thanks

2005-08-02 4:53 PM
in reply to: #214372

User image

Elite
Hendersonville
Subject: RE: Has anyone done or doing the Cayuga Lake tri?
Yes, I am doing the Oly.  I have never done it before but Marmadaddy has.  Search in the race reports for it, he wrote about it last year.  I would like to meet you and wish you luck on Sunday, so look for me in my Team Javelin stuff (go to my album to see a pic).  Good luck!
2005-08-02 6:42 PM
in reply to: #214444

Regular
Maine
Hey, thanks! I found the race report and it was good to read. Sounds like a fun race and I'm looking forward to it!

How did you choose to do one so far away? I live in Maine but grew up in Ithaca so I try to get back there several times a year. This is a good excuse to get back there!

I noticed in your album that you have 4 (adorable) kids! I have three - 6yrs, 4.5yrs and 19mo. I'll look for you on Sunday. Good luck and have fun!

Susan
2005-08-03 3:56 PM

User image

Elite
Hendersonville

Hi Susan.  I grew up around there too, so I am visiting family.  I just got here today.  I hope you can find me on Sunday - I don't know how may Team Javelin people will be there.  I have a blue Trek and a promotion black and green wetsuit.  See you there!

Jessica

2005-08-03 5:20 PM

Regular
Maine
It's a small town and it would be really funny if we knew each other somehow! I grew up a few miles south of there in a tiny town - graduated in '86 and went to IC for a year before transferring.

I'll look for you! I'm doing the sprint as this is my first tri but I'll look for you before the Oly. (hey - go have a milkshake at Purity for me, will ya?? haha) enjoy your stay there.

Susan
2005-08-04 2:05 PM

User image

Champion
Fairport, NY

Susan, I'm doing the Sprint again this year. I'll be wearing a Javelin tri suit also, so if you see someone in a Javelin tri suit and they're pretty, chances are... it's Jessica. 

This was my first tri and I enjoyed it. I did hear one guy chanting "pain is good" to himself and I started wondering what I had gotten myself into.

On the run, the trail did get kind of muddy last year but it wasn't too bad. I like trail running though. As to the bike course, the climb for the first 1.5 miles is somewhat tough, so it makes the next 2 miles seem like a piece of cake. The nice part is, you get to come back down it at the end. It's all in how you look at it.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Has anyone done or doing the Cayuga Lake tri? Rss Feed