General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Software - Garmin & Polar (hrm & ppd) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-12-07 8:06 PM

User image

Subject: Training Software - Garmin & Polar (hrm & ppd)

Is there any training software out there that can handle Garmin .tcx files and Polar .ppd and .hrm files?  Seems all the software (TrainingPeaks, RaceDay Apollo, PerfPRO, etc...) all handle the Polar .hrm files but none handle the Polar .ppd files.  The .pdd files have all the other data such as exercise type, distance, daily notes, etc that are not captured in the .hrm file.

I've started using the Garmin 410 for my run training and continue to use Polar for my swim and bike training.  I have a 1.5yrs worth of Polar data that I don't want to lose.  I want to to transfer over to a software platform that can handle both my Garmin and Polar files instead of having to switch back and forth between Garmin Connect and Polar Pro Trainer.

Anyone know if there's a software platform that can solve my problem?

2010-12-08 8:00 AM
in reply to: #3240539

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
Subject: RE: Training Software - Garmin & Polar (hrm & ppd)
krash478 - 2010-12-07 9:06 PM

Is there any training software out there that can handle Garmin .tcx files and Polar .ppd and .hrm files?  Seems all the software (TrainingPeaks, RaceDay Apollo, PerfPRO, etc...) all handle the Polar .hrm files but none handle the Polar .ppd files.  The .pdd files have all the other data such as exercise type, distance, daily notes, etc that are not captured in the .hrm file.

I've started using the Garmin 410 for my run training and continue to use Polar for my swim and bike training.  I have a 1.5yrs worth of Polar data that I don't want to lose.  I want to to transfer over to a software platform that can handle both my Garmin and Polar files instead of having to switch back and forth between Garmin Connect and Polar Pro Trainer.

Anyone know if there's a software platform that can solve my problem?

I think that SportTracks (http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttracks/) can do that.  I does Garmin for sure.

I see .hrm mentioned http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttracks/support/help/?topic=man... but no .ppd.

Edited by jmkizer 2010-12-08 8:00 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Software - Garmin & Polar (hrm & ppd) Rss Feed