Fleet Feet
86F / 30C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 02m 36s
Overall Rank = 465/749
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 136/214
Pre-race routine:

A bowl of special K and a banana before the 35 minute drive to the race. A carb-boom gel 15 minutes before race start.
Event warmup:

Waiting in line for the restroom :)
Run
  • 1h 02m 36s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 10m 05s  min/mile
Comments:

So I am not sure I did anything right at this race. For the past few weeks I have been having arch pain in my left foot after I ran. Two weeks back I went to the local running store to see what input they might have and was told my shoes were to small. So I went through their fitting process and they fitted me for a Saucony neutral shoe. I was previously running in a Brooks minor stability shoe. So I went to the race with a bit of arch pain and in new shoes that had been run in twice (both 4 mile runs). Not to mention the new shoes but I also added fuel belt speed laces the morning of the race. Oh and ran in a new singlet with no body glide. So by mile 4/5, my left arch hurt, i had a blister on my right foot (shoes too tight thanks to the laces), and chafing under my right arm. Needless to say I was never so happy to see a finish line. I am currently sitting here rolling a frozen waster bottle on my arm and counting the days till i see my foot dr (8/8).
What would you do differently?:

Not have run the race. I should have ate the $25.00 and waited until I saw my foot dr for a real evaluation on my arch pain.
Post race
Warm down:

Normal stretches and lots of ice for the left arch.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

See above---shoes, arch pain, chafing....

Event comments:

Since it was Women's Fest I thought there would be some fun vendors in the after race festival. Things like make-up or other girlie things. Pretty much it was the same as every after race party in Chicago: a few local PT booths giving massages, the local athletic newspapers, and the sponsoring store.

Last updated: 2005-08-01 12:00 AM
Running
01:02:36 | 06.21 miles | 10m 05s  min/mile
Age Group: 136/214
Overall: 465/749
Performance: Bad
Course: A double loop course through Montrose Harbor and on the lake front path. A portion of the course was run on asphalt paved parking lots and paths and the remaining portion was on a crushed limestone trash. The 5K race that was run in conjunction with the 10K did one loop and started at the same time as the 10K race.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Bad
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? No
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2005-08-04 9:19 AM

User image

Veteran
Oak Park, IL
Subject: Fleet Feet Women's Fest 10K

2005-08-07 5:26 PM
in reply to: #216066

User image

Elite
Bay Area, CA
Subject: RE: Fleet Feet Women's Fest 10K

Sorry about your foot, hope it gets better quickly.

Good job on the race though...

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Fleet Feet Women's Fest 10K Rss Feed