Other Resources Challenge Me! » ***Team Good In-10-tions: Goals and Week 2 posts*** Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2005-08-14 8:36 PM
in reply to: #218630

User image

Veteran
Perth, Oz
Subject: RE: ***Team Good In-10-tions: Goals and Week 2 posts***

Hey Team,

Well done Annabanana on that awesome Woody! Tri!  thats great.

I've got some bad news and I really feel like i'm letting you guys down but I did some thinking over the weekend and I am going to have to pull out of the challenge injured.

Ann does that affect the team?  I'm not allowed to ride and the run totals are pretty much beyond my reach.  The only thing I can do comfortably at the moment is swimming and core strength. I know me and I know that if I am stil in the challenge I'm going to push myself to try and make the goals and probably injure myself even further.

Arrrgghh I'm really sorry guys!  Ann can you let me know what happens with an injury withdrawal? 

2005-08-14 8:41 PM
in reply to: #225089

User image

Expert
St. Thomas, ON
I'll chime in here. Sounds like you're not allowed to ride, so we'll remove the bike from your totals, and your goal will depend on the other sports.
2005-08-15 4:42 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2005-08-15 5:40 AM

Expert
Orlando, FL
Hey gang!

Happy Monday - thanks for starting to get the totals to me.

Mel - I'm so sorry to hear that your injury is still there - YUKKA. Since you can't run or bike, that leaves core and swim. I guess it's up to you if you want to zero out those two sports and do the others, or drop out completely. PLEASE don't feel badly, it's important not to push an injury and to give it time to heal. Otherwise it can turn into something even worse....you take care and let me know how you want to handle the challenge. I'll get it straight with Rennick.

Chris, same thing about beating yourself up - not allowed! You're doing great and not too far off schedule. A lot of us do more or less different weeks, that is a smart way to train. And all that matters in the challenge is that final total, right? Hey, on your run total, I had you down for 6.2 last week - was that supposed to be zero?

Everyone else, please try to get your totals to me one way or another in the next few hours so I can turn in our team totals.

THANKS!!!!

Today I'm feeling a bit better - so will be doing a bike ride and short swim (at least that's the plan) I'm playing around with a lot of choices for a September tri. There are 2 sprint tri's and 3 Oly's to choose from.

Also, my sis said she'd go with me to this thing Saturday. There is a guy who holds OWS's at his lake house every day except Sunday, Sat. is the busiest. They get about 25 people, and it is a 1K round trip across and back. You sign a wall of fame and get a patch the first time you do it. You can do multiple loops. Just thought it would be good practice and help me get over my gator/snake fears.
2005-08-15 6:03 AM
in reply to: #225208

2005-08-15 6:06 AM

2005-08-15 7:29 AM

Extreme Veteran
ma

Sorry for the delay on getting the numbers in. I kept thinking I'd get a run in yesterday, but between the slump i found myself in and then the onslaught of thundering and rain...ah well.

Bike 25.5 miles
Swim 1825 yds
Run 5 miles

2005-08-15 8:41 AM
in reply to: #225221

Edited by Chris Tree 2005-08-15 8:42 AM
2005-08-15 9:27 AM

Expert
Orlando, FL
Hey guys - just back from a bike ride, figured I could feel like crap sitting at home or actually doing something, might as well be doing it!

Nikki - your totals are right on time - no worries! Do you have any core minutes from last week? I'm sorry about your slump - personally I feel like I've been in one since my son was born 3.5 years ago! I really have to push push push to get going on working out - that's why I do challenges, I'm too embarrassed to not work out if I'm in a challenge - LOL

Chris - I am honestly trying to figure out WHAT in your post you are apologizing for - that is how sad my own spelling and grammar are. And we DO have gators here, LOTS of them. Most lakes have them removed when they get over 5 ft, but they migrate so sometimes one sneaks in there. Little kids and dogs are hurt or killed often around here (well, often is a bit extreme, but several times a year anyway). We also have all of the types of poisonous snakes in the world right here in Central Florida - including water moccasins and cotton mouths, copper heads, rattlers and coral snakes. It's kinda scary to me. Don't even get me started on insects and poisonous plants, not to mention the noxious chemicals people spray all over to keep the aforementioned critters at bay.....it's a jungle around here!

Not to go do battle with a mountain of laundry. Working out a lot makes the baskets stinky!

Take care all, and let's really spend some time this week encouraging each other and heading on the downhill side of the month together and strong and IN THE LEAD!!!! GO TENS!

2005-08-15 10:46 AM
in reply to: #225340

2005-08-15 11:36 AM
in reply to: #225429

Expert
St. Thomas, ON
Team Numbers?

2005-08-15 12:32 PM

Expert
Orlando, FL
I'm gathering them up now...had to get DS from school, etc. but I am at it as I type....

head over to the new thread!

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

Edited by annabananamc 2005-08-15 12:58 PM
New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » ***Team Good In-10-tions: Goals and Week 2 posts*** Rss Feed  

of 2