Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Telemarketer Management Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2005-08-16 8:38 AM

Subject: Telemarketer Management
Don't know if this is true, but it's funny:

The phone rang as I was setting down to my anticipated evening meal, and as I answered it I was greeted with " is this William Wagenhoss" not sounding anything like my name, so I said who is calling? The telemarketer
said he was with The Rubber band Powered Freezer company or something like that and then I asked him if he knew William personally and why was he calling this number. I then said off to the side, "get really good pictures of the body and all the blood" then turned back to the phone and advised the caller that he had entered a murder scene and must stay on the line because we had already traced this call and he would be receiving a
summons to appear in the local courthouse to testify in this murder case. I then questioned the caller at great length as to his name, address, phone number at home, at work, who he worked for, how he knew the dead guy and could he prove where he had been about one hour before he made this call.
The telemarketer was getting very concerned and his answers were given in a shakey voice. I then told him we had located his position at his work place and the police were entering the building to take him into custody. At that point I heard the phone fall and the scurrying of his running away.
My wife asked me as I returned to our table why I had tears streaming down my face and so help me, I couldn't tell her for about fifteen minutes.
My meal was cold, but after what I had pulled, very enjoyable.

2005-08-16 8:43 AM
in reply to: #226226

User image

Elite Veteran
flatland
Subject: RE: Telemarketer Management
Man, I just pay BellSouth to block the scum and let my GF handle the few that slip through. That's pretty funny, though.
2005-08-16 9:07 AM

User image

Expert
Lafayette, CO

I prefer the 'Paper Bag' method.  Answer the phone like normal, ask the telemarketer to "hang on a second - I was just about to do something" then blow up and pop a paper bag next to the phone, then drop the phone.  They'll think you just killed yourself...

2005-08-16 9:31 AM
in reply to: #226258

User image

Philadelphia, south of New York and north of DC
I hate getting telemarketing calls as much as the next guy.

Now, though, I just say "no thanks" and hang up.  I figure that these are just folks trying to pay the rent and put food on the table.  I'm sure they'd all rather be doing something else. 
2005-08-16 10:06 AM
in reply to: #226289

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lafayette, CO
dontracy - 2005-08-16 8:31 AM

I hate getting telemarketing calls as much as the next guy.

Now, though, I just say "no thanks" and hang up.  I figure that these are just folks trying to pay the rent and put food on the table.  I'm sure they'd all rather be doing something else. 

You're my favorite kind of customer. I was a telemarketer in college. Made a crapload of money for my school, but the first call I ever made, the guy was dead. It was karma kicking me in the ass, running me over with a semi, and peeing on my bloody carcass, after all the horrible things I'd said to them before I became one myself. Really, a simple "No thanks" is just fine.
2005-08-16 4:48 PM

User image

Champion
Bellingham, Washington

I like it when they say your name wrong.

And I can't believe people do get caught up in telemarketer scams and do loose money.

Has anyone ever been to a Policeman or Fireman's ball?

2005-08-16 6:10 PM
in reply to: #226746

User image

Pro
MA
BellinghamSpence - 2005-08-16 5:48 PM

I like it when they say your name wrong.

And I can't believe people do get caught up in telemarketer scams and do loose money.

Has anyone ever been to a Policeman or Fireman's ball?

I did fell into a telemarketer's scam and loose money when I first came to this country -- don't ask. 

Sometimes I'd pretent I don't speak English when I receive such calls.  But most of the time I'd say "not interested, thank you" and hang up.

2005-08-16 9:22 PM

User image

Expert
Seattle WA
that is absolutely hilarious. reminds me of a few scenes from seinfeld. someday i hope to try it out. actually i rarely get telemarketers calling, fortunately.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Telemarketer Management Rss Feed