General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Stationary/ spin bike training Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-03-29 3:35 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alpharetta, Ga.
Subject: Stationary/ spin bike training

How do you guys log your training on either spin bikes or stationary trainers?

I usually log my treadmill runs as actual miles ran, but I log my spin bike training as strength training. I think I remember someone saying once that they log an hour on the spin bike as 15 miles on the road.

I'm curious how everyone else logs their training.

2011-03-29 10:45 PM
in reply to: #3420353

User image

Payson, AZ
Subject: RE: Stationary/ spin bike training
Well, I avoid the trainer like the plague, but if I do get on it I actually have the trainer as a piece of equipment so I still log it as a bike workout and include the trainer as equipment.  I don't fudge any of my numbers.  Distance and time is as it is on the Garmin.
2011-03-30 12:10 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alpharetta, Ga.

I use a Gramin as well, but for my indoor training I have a spin bike that I use. I prefer to ride outside, but when it's raining or really late at night I'll use the spin bike. I work the deep night shift and get off at 4:15am. Sometimes I wanna ride before bed.

2011-04-05 4:12 PM

When I spent alot of time on the trainer a few years ago I logged it as "time" on the bike, no distance.  That being said, I personally feel that trainer time was much better quality time than road time.  Zero coasting, very focused intervals, and controlled environment.  Most of the time I would log kilojoules along with the time to get and idea of weekly intensity. 

2011-04-13 10:15 PM

User image

Mesa
Koachman - 2011-03-29 1:35 PM

I usually log my treadmill runs as actual miles ran, but I log my spin bike training as strength training. I think I remember someone saying once that they log an hour on the spin bike as 15 miles on the road.

It would depend on your effort level on the spin bike or trainer. Sometimes it is a recovery ride... sometimes you are doing specific workouts (ILT, intervals, etc.).

And as already mentioned though, you can just log it as time in the saddle.
2011-04-14 12:29 PM
in reply to: #3445695

User image

Expert
chile7473 - 2011-04-13 9:15 PM
Koachman - 2011-03-29 1:35 PM

It would depend on your effort level on the spin bike or trainer. Sometimes it is a recovery ride... sometimes you are doing specific workouts (ILT, intervals, etc.). And as already mentioned though, you can just log it as time in the saddle.

get outta here roadie!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Stationary/ spin bike training Rss Feed