General Discussion Race Reports! » Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run - Run10 Mile

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Washington, Washington, D.C.
United States
Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run
40F / 4C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 36m
Overall Rank = 7870/15970
Age Group = F20-24
Age Group Rank = 389/936
Pre-race routine:

Got up 2.5 hours before the race and ate 2 slices of toast with 2T peanut butter. Foam rolled and got dressed and walked over (.3mi) to the start.
Event warmup:

Walked around and slow jog with some strides.
Run
  • 1h 36m
  • 10 miles
  • 09m 36s  min/mile
Comments:

The sun got really hot at about mile 7 and I had to take off my top layer which got all messed up because it was a zip up but my number was attached so I had to take it over my head and my hat fell off so getting all that situated probably cost me a minute or more. Other than that I felt great. I had water and gaterade as I walked through each water stop and took a gel around mile 5.5.
What would you do differently?:

Start out a little more conservatively. I always get so caught up during the first few miles and FLY. I need to be better at pacing myself because I was really fatiguing by miles 6-7.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked about .25 miles and then ate a banana and drank a bottle of water. Then walked another .3 miles back to the hotel and foam rolled and stretched.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I should have paced myself better so that I didn't slow down as much during the second half. I also didn't train as well as I should have. I did an 8 mi race last weekend but besides that I probably only ran 6+ mile runs 3-4 times since November!

Last updated: 2011-01-09 12:00 AM
Running
01:36:00 | 10 miles | 09m 36s  min/mile
Age Group: 389/936
Overall: 70870/15970
Performance: Good
Ave HR: 172 Max HR: 184 My garmin read 10.15mi when I finished. Maybe I should have been in a faster corral because I spent the first couple miles passing people and zig zagging around which added to my time. But then again, I got fatigued halfway through and ran the second half slower than the first so maybe I should have conserved my energy and slowed down at the beginning.
Course: Very flat. Slight hill at the end which sucked because I just wanted to sprint to the finish, but other than that it was fast and flat and only a few tight turns with bottlenecking.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2011-04-04 7:27 AM

User image

Regular
Pittsburgh
Subject: Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run Rss Feed