BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Baowolf's Beginner Banquet -Sorry all tables are full no room.. Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 61

2011-12-24 6:29 PM
in reply to: #3434952

User image

Extreme Veteran
Memphis
Subject: RE: Baowolf's Beginner Banquet -Sorry all tables are full no room..
Steve, looks like you've gotten some rides in lately.  Have a Merry Christmas.  Thanks for all the encouragement and advice you've given me.  It's meant a lot to me.  Don't be a stranger.

2012-01-04 9:58 AM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California

I imagine this thread is dead now.  Sorry that I fell off at the end there.  The combination of being ill with 5 colds, working 18 hour days and being out of town 4 weeks out of 6 did not lead to a good showing on my part. 

That said I am very proud of everone in the group.  You are all an inpiration to me as well.  Illness, overeating during the holidays and a number of muscle issues that just won't go away.  Welcome to the new year where yes once again anything is possible with patience, smart training and consistent effort.  Be safe and God bless.

2012-01-04 7:54 PM
in reply to: #3970394

User image

Extreme Veteran
Memphis

Hey sometimes life gets in the way of triathlon.  It's only fair considering how much triathlon gets in the way of life a lot of the time.

Well I'm less than 20 weeks out from IMTX.  A little nerve racking just thinking about it but overall I could be good to go in just a few weeks.

My swim training has fallen way behind.  I pretty much skipped out on it the month of December.  I did get back to the pool this morning for 1700 yds (4x100, 3x200, 2x350).  Was just a few seconds slower than in November so there was almost no loss, just no gains.  

Biking has been strong.  Just this past weekend I completed my first century ride on Saturday.  Two days later on Monday I did it again.  Saturday was a calm and sunny 50 degree day.  Monday was in the 30s with a wind advisory for the 20 MPH sustained winds with gusts in the 30s.  Now I just need to get another century in at the end of the month by myself with fewer rest breaks.

Running is coming along.  Up to a 10 mile long run.  Just taking it easy.  

Don't be a stranger.  I get email alerts from this thread still so I will be able to respond.  Joining a new mentor group seems to be too much work for me.  I don't care to learn the new people.  Carol jumped to another group so Ceril's the only person I know in there.  My nonsocial side is starting to come out lately.  Perhaps that's what draws me to this sport, it's a truly solo effort when it is all said and done.  

2012-01-05 12:32 PM

User image

Veteran
Hillsborough, NJ
Hey Dennis - I was wondering where you were! Was waiting to hear your century ride report. The trainer is kicking my butt! I finally went to a spin class so that someone could yell at me and push me to stay on longer. I guess I just need to suck it up and suffer more or get better distractions than podcasts or a good combo of both. Also picked up a pair of Brooks running shoes from the local running store - video analysis etc. Pretty happy with them so far. Well, hope you don't fall off the face of BT - always liked to read your in depth research of whatever S/B/R focus you were working on.

Steve! Not sure if you're checking here anymore....thanks for all your advice and encouragement and sharing your journey with us.
2012-01-25 1:46 PM

User image

Veteran
Daytona Beach

Hey guys!

I guess we all got life get in the way of our blogs at the end.  But I actually still think of each of you.  Hope all is well.  I ran my first marathon and have a second in February, then I switch back over to training hard for tris.  I intend to focus on olympic tris this year.  Talked one friend to "going for" her first sprint tri this season.  Great to reel people in.  Take care all, and hope some of us get back on the same group. -Karen

2012-02-06 4:15 PM

User image

Veteran
I don't know if any of you will read this, but thanks for everything last year. I fell off the BT world and am back again. Looked for a mentor group and may have found one. Karen might be part of it. Anyway, my success last year owes a great deal to this group. Thanks!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Baowolf's Beginner Banquet -Sorry all tables are full no room.. Rss Feed  

of 61