Ohio River Road Runners Club
64F / 18C
Precipitation
Total Time = 57m 37s
Overall Rank = 28/109
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

driving to Twin Creek after eating a bowl of cereal and drinking some tea (after being woken up by the children with an "accidental" knee or elbow to the testes - tip to future dads - lay on your stomach when the kids get in bed and are bouncing around)
Event warmup:

Ran for about 2 minutes and stretched
Run
  • 57m 37s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 09m 17s  min/mile
Comments:

This was my longest run since coming off of the IR and my longest since my HIM in september '10. I wasnt expecting much. I was a little disappointed since the rains and thunderstorms did not materialize from a mud stand point. I tried to find a nice even pace to stick with (succeeded) and to walk to steep uphills and switchbacks (succeeded). My ankle still feels weird and I find myself thinking about it too often when I am running. In any event I would say the first 2-3 miles were a little rough but I still was feeling good from a CV and leg strength perspective the last half of the race. It was still a fun race even if I didnt get that muddy.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing - I met my rather low expectations.
Post race
Warm down:

Gummy Bears (and not the crappy kind) !!! I have never seen a post race spread with Gummy Bears.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

well the lack of extra water and mud probably was responsible for the 3 min improvement on last years time.

Event comments:

came for the mud - stayed for the gummy bears

The race is actually longer than 6.2 miles based on the all the biotching from Garmin dependent crew (6.42 to 6.67 miles depending on who was whining - how come all your satellite distances dont match you freaks? Just enjoy the run)

Last updated: 2011-04-07 12:00 AM
Running
00:57:37 | 06.21 miles | 09m 17s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/109
Performance: Good
Course: a muddy trek around twin creek, up and down ravines, across stream and back and forth across switchbacks
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2011-04-09 5:13 PM

User image

Expert
Alpharetta (until we find a home)
Subject: Twin Creek Muddy 10k Trail Run

2011-04-10 5:40 PM
in reply to: #3437876

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ohio
Subject: RE: Twin Creek Muddy 10k Trail Run
Nice Race. Next time don't look in my mirror, I know you idolize me and all but really you should develop your own sense of fashion
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Twin Creek Muddy 10k Trail Run Rss Feed