General Discussion Race Reports! » Nevada Police and Fire Games - Road Race Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Nevada Police and Fire Games - Road Race - Cycle

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Las Vegas, Nevada
United States
Nevada Police Athletic Federation
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 10m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Checked over the bikes. Had a "graveyard special" at the hotel cafe prior to heading out to the race sight. One of the other New Mexico officers partipating (Amy)hit me with the news that New Mexico had lost two officers in a shooting the night before.
Event warmup:

Some riding to help loosen up.
Bike
  • 2h 10m
  • 30 miles
  • 13.85 mile/hr
Comments:

Race #4 of 5

Legs were tired. My body was not used to that much racing. The Mrs. was tense that she'd be crossing the finish line in last place on her Trek 1000C. Only two people were in my age group that day, so I'd automatically get a silver if I crossed the finish line. The decision was simple...hang back with the Mrs.

The course stated with a descent south from Blue Diamond, had a turn around, continued north past Red Rock Canyon, turned around and finished in Blue Diamond.

I talked the Mrs. through it, helped her set a pace, and periodically pulled her on my wheel. She hadn't logged a lot of miles since her appendectimy a couple of months ago and her goal was to finish. We agreed early on to finish side by side.

With about 4 miles to go Amy met up with us stating that "We're from the same state...we need to stick together."

The Mrs. and I finished the race. The (acting) director came up to me with a big smile and said something like "smart man...you let your wife win by about a foot."
Post race

Last updated: 2005-08-20 12:00 AM
Biking
02:10:00 | 30 miles | 13.85 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
HR Avg: 124 Max: 110
Wind: Some
Course: Blue Diamond and Area
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2005-08-21 12:42 AM

User image

Expert
New Mexico
Subject: Nevada Police and Fire Games - Road Race

2005-08-21 5:28 AM
in reply to: #229804

User image

Master
Gulf Shores, AL
Subject: RE: Nevada Police and Fire Games - Road Race
Great job, thats a lot of racing and you were very strong.

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Nevada Police and Fire Games - Road Race Rss Feed