Sunny
Total Time = 1h 13m 20s
Overall Rank = 112/307
Age Group = F45-49
Age Group Rank = 2/14
Pre-race routine:

Egg Hunt Triathlon - CB Smith Park - April 23rd 2011

The Egg Hunt Triathlon was another great Event organized for the people of
MultiRace as part of the Broward Championship Series here in South Florida...

Photobucket

Event that took place at CB Smith Park in Pembroke Pine last Saturday, April 23rd...holding a Sprint Triathlon with 307 participants and a Sprint Duathlon with 108 participants...all at the same time..for a total of 415 athletes...

Thursday April 21st: We had our usual Full Carbo dinner...Garlic Shrimp Pasta with broccoli, carrots and corn...Hummmmm...Yummmmy...!!!

Friday April 22nd: Last bike/swimming work-outs...
Washed / waxed / lubed / tuned bike...changed wheels for Race Wheels...prepared / packed all my Race stuff...and...prepared all my Race beverages...
Lasagna for lunch..1hr nap...and...early Full Protein dinner...grilled steak with steams veggies...
Loaded bikes and tri-bags in our SUV and went to bed at 9 pm.

Saturday April 23rd:
Woke-up at 4:00 am...got dressed...and...took out Mariah our dog...

Took our usual Pre-Race breakfast: OJ for both, my Super-Soy Protein Shake (chocolate) for me...and...waffle with PB and a cup of coffee for Buddy...and...our usual battery of suplements...LOL

Took our coolers with beverages and left from home at 4:30 am...It tooks us around 45 mins to get at CB Smith Park...

Parked car...took our bikes, tri-bags and coolers and headed directly to pick-up our Race Packages...timming chips and Body Marking...

Buddy got the Bid# 325 / Orange Cap...and...for me...the Bid# 327 / Blue Cap...Yeahhh...another color beside the usual ugly PINKY color...!!! LOL

Here all the goodies and high tech t-shirt I got:

Went to Transition Area...placed my bike on my assigned rack area...got the last spot..LOL

I did set-up all my Race stuff as usual:

Helmet over seat...a green towel in front of my bike and over my biking/running shoes...sunglasses over biking shoes...and...next to the running shoes...a bottle of water and my hat and inside all wrapped my belt with Bid#...

Photobucket

Fill the Speedfil Hydration System with cold water...check/reset cycomputer in bike...placed a packet of Endurolytes inside BentoBox (Just in case)...and...checked tires and gears...

Egg Hunt Triathlon - April 23rd 2011

Went to Check Swim/Bike/Run Exit/In...our rack area was very close to the Run Exit...

Sat over my cooler relaxed...closed eyes...and...did my usual Race's visualization....

Took 1 Energy Gels, 2 Endurolytes with water and a mix of Cytomax...

Put BodyGlide over my feet..put timing chip on my left ankle...took goggles, swimming cap and wax ear-plugs and headed to the Swimming Area...
Event warmup:

At the Swim Area that was next to Transition...very nice...did some stretchings...put my swimming stuff and jumped into the water...the water temp was in between 78oF and 80oF...not too cold and not too warm...just right...Swam maybe 150 mts and back to shore...outisde was very breezy..that decided to stay inside the water till the RD called everybody to get out...

There were in total 5 Waves including the Duathlon...and...the Race started in time at 7 am with Pro/Elites, Male 39 & under AGs and Physically Challenged (Gold Cap)..and...every 4 minutes the rest of the Wzves...my Buddy was in the Wave #2 (Male +40 AGs) at 7:04 am and I was in the Wave #3 (All Female) at 7:08 am....The Duathlon was the last one starting in mass at 7:15...
Swim
  • 11m 43s
  • 515 meters
  • 02m 17s / 100 meters
Comments:

The swim was supposedly a 1/4 mile counter-clockwise swim in the CB Smith lake...but was longer...according with Garmins...515 mts...

As soon we received the order to get ready at shore...I tryed to get a good spot in front of the peloton..but...it was impossible...there were a lot of women and the young ones ran fast to get them...Ok...I decided to stay in the back...and...OMG...when we got green light...it was a total full contact combat for the ones in the front...and...for me in the back...NEVER again...I got stuck for a bunch of whales...all around me...it was very hard to pass...in one point I had to pass over a few of them...LOL Sorry...!!! till finally I got at the 1st bouy and after that finally I could start with my usual constante swimming....Yikes...!!!

Here a view of our Wave swimming to the Swim Exit...

Just when my fingers touch sand...got up...and...ran fast out of the water to the Swim Exit...removing googles, ear wax and swimming cap...

Here coming out of the water...

Egg Hunt Triathlon - April 23rd 2011Egg Hunt Triathlon - April 23rd 2011
What would you do differently?:

Never again start at the back of peloton...made me lose a valuable time trying to pass the slower whales...LOL

I know I can do it better..my best time in this Swim Course for 400 mts. is 8m 21s.
Transition 1
  • 00m 52s
Comments:

A fast Transition as usual...the fastest in my AG and 69th Overall / 307
participants...WooooHooo...!!!

From the Swim Exit ran as fast as possible to Transition...got on my spot...put sunglasses, helmet and biking shoes alsot at the sae tie...took bike and ran out of Transition...

Practice and practice
Bike
  • 33m 57s
  • 11 miles
  • 19.44 mile/hr
Comments:

The bike course started by turning left out of the transition area parking lot, then following the park road counter-clockwise to the main park exit. Once there, we had to exit CB Smith Park. Just outside we had to turn right and head west to the first right turn and continue staying on the right as we circled around the outside of the park. We turned right at all intersections and all roads have 2 or more lanes, so the course is extremely safe even though it goes outside of the park. After circling the outside of the park in a clockwise fashion, we circled the inside of the park in a counter-clockwise fashion around the outer lane of the street inside the park. The bike course is 5.5 miles and we did 2 laps consisting of 2 inside and outside Loops...

Samsung Time Trial Triathlon 2010

Just when I got in the mout area...juped on my bike and cranked very hard as usual...passing a lot of people...keeping a great average even dealing with a lot of bike traffic...

Also...on my entire 2nd Lap...had to deal with a young girl...in hers 20's...she decided to race against me...passing me everytime that I passed her...OMG...Helloooo...I'm not on your AG...at the end...before the entrance of the Park...I passed her for last time and cranked so hard that finally got rid of her....Ufffff...!!! LOL

Got at the desmount area...and...jumped off my bike fast as usual...but keeping shoes on...

Continue with my trainings...I know I can do it better even I kept a good average...but...my best time in this Bike Course is 33m 20s...
Transition 2
  • 00m 46s
Comments:

Another fast Transition as usual...even..I was teh 2nd fastest in my AG...also...81th Overall / 307 participants...not bad...!!!

Ran fast inside Transition...racked bike...changed shoes...and...took my hat and my bottle of water...and...ran fast out of Transition...

Practice and practice...
Run
  • 26m 3s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 08m 24s  min/mile
Comments:

The run course went along the path surrounding the lake in a clockwise fashion. We had to complete 2 laps here as well to make 3.1 miles.

Took our bikes, bags and coolers and ran fast to get our Race Packages, Bid #s, timming chips and Body Marked...

Just out of Transition running not too fast and not too slow...running with a constant pace...put my race belt with bid# and hat...did drink some water from my bottle and tossed some over my head...and..started to increae speed...passing a lot of people...

At this point...I didn't know how I was doing...but...nobody on my AG passe me and I passed a few on the Bike Leg...but...I was sure I was doing great...

Just in my 2nd Lap approching to the last mile...I started to increase more my speed...and...just 1/4 mile to the Finish Line...a girl passed me...the one in th second pic...

And just in the last stretch to the Finish Line...I sprinted and sneaked behind her with ansal exciting finish beating her...I realy surprised her...LOL

Unfortunte when the photographer took the pics...there were this guy in the middle of our Finish...but...still...You can see me passing the gril..

Continue with my trainings...I know I could do it better...my best time in this Run Course is 25m 34s.
Post race
Warm down:

Just when I passed the Finish Line...a volunteer gave to me a Finisher Medal...another one...a bottle of water...and...another one removed my timing chip from my left ankle...and...went direcltly to congratulate a girl of my AG that was laready at the Finish Area...

Met with my Buddy and we went to collect and pack all our Race stuff...and...took tem to the car wth our bkss..

Here a view of Transition from our rack area...

Went to check Results...finding out that my Buddy got 5th on his AG and I got 2nd in my AG...WoooHooo....Another Podium for Velo...!!!!

Total Time: 1hr 13m 20s

Age Group: 2nd / 14 We were 16 on our AG but 2 were awarded 1st and 2nd Female Master Overall...Nice...!!!

Female Overall: 19th / 111 women

Overall: 112th / 307 Triathletes

Here in the Award Ceremony:

Egg Hunt Triathlon - April 23rd 2011 Egg Hunt Triathlon - April 23rd 2011

Here my Buddy's Award Ceremony

Finisher Medal and Award Medal..

What limited your ability to perform faster:

No excuses...even...I had to deal with some whales during the Swimming and some bike traffic...

I know I could do it better my best Total Time in this Course is 1hr 09m 27s

Event comments:

Another great and very well organized MultiRace Event as usual...on time...lots of volunteers...plenty of water stations...and...great Post Race activities and food...that...recommend to everybody...in special beginners...

Last updated: 2011-04-07 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:11:43 | 515 meters | 02m 17s / 100meters
Age Group: 6/14
Overall: 144/307
Performance: Below average
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 80F / 27C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Good