Overall Rank = 161/9836
Age Group = 45-49
Age Group Rank = 2/289
Run
  • 25m 26s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 08m 12s  min/mile
Comments:

I signed up for this "race" as something to do just for fun and to break up my competitive mode so I could just go out and have a good time. I now know that is impossible for me. I just can't bring myself to pay that much, drive that far and not go hard. So I did. Mary and I, along with the kids and Mike T, walked over to the start and watched the cargo net climb and balance beam part while waiting for our wave to start at 11am. When it was about 8 til, we walked up to the start area with about 80ish other people and talked to some other "runners" until they yelled GO and shot some very heated flames into the air from atop the starting banner. The first nearly mile was a trail run that was extremely hilly. In fact, this course would have been a very hard trail race without any obstacles included. They threw in things like climbing over jumk cars, running old tires, swimming through a little pond with logs in it, climbing cargo nets, climbing walls with ropes, going through a dark tunnel, making your way through ropes that are crossing through different directions in your path, running through a area filled with hanging and swinging tires, balance beam, jumping over fire pits, ducking or crawling under beams and real barbed wire, wading through a stream of water after climbing down a wall to get in, and up another wall to get out, as well as a climb OVER cargo netting on a platform and finally crawling through a mud pit with barbed wire over your head. The last mud pit was crazy. You came out completely destroyed in mud from head to toe as you crossed the finish line. Lots of shoes were left in the mud pit. The hilliness of the course was a great challenge, and I bet lots of warriors were very surprised at how tough things were in between the obstacles. Overall, I had fun and it was a good time.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing. Good times, Funny dressed people.
Post race
Warm down:

Caked...CAKED in mud, so we went to the area where they had trucks lined up with fire type hoses just spraying people down. Water was just above freezing, but it did most of the job. Lots of mud left in places that we won't mention, but did good enough to get back to the car.
Got home, checked the results, and was amazed and astonished that I actually won my age group. Really? Nope. Two days later the results changed. I was 2nd out of a field twice as big as stated previously. Hmmmmmm

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not much.

Event comments:

Except for having terrible Budweiser Beer at the finish, it was fun.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2011-04-19 12:00 AM
Running
00:25:26 | 03.1 miles | 08m 12s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/289
Overall: 0/9836
Performance: Average
Course: 13ish obstacles on a 3.1 mile course. Very very hilly.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2011-06-05 12:49 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Latonia, Kentucky (near Cincinnati)
Subject: Warrior Dash

2011-06-05 12:51 PM
in reply to: #3533242

User image

Extreme Veteran
Latonia, Kentucky (near Cincinnati)
Subject: RE: Warrior Dash
Didn't we used to have the ability to comment on each uploaded picture???  hmmm.  Anyway...BEFORE and AFTER.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Warrior Dash Rss Feed