Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Bike
  • 9h 18m
  • 150 miles
  • 16.13 mile/hr
Comments:

Loved this ride. Did everything according to my plan going in. Rode easy, never felt the legs burning and help myself to 10 min. stops at the aid stations. The only bad part was the traffic on Hwy. 95. Really uncomfortable with all the semi trucks that would not move over 1 inch as they went by. After the turn onto 2 the traffic became managable and I really enjoyed the rest of the day. The scenery was something. So much green and snow covered peaks everywhere. Defenately think this is a must do ride for anyone. Support can't be beat.
What would you do differently?:

Ran out of gas between the 2nd and 3rd aid stations and realized I was going too long between fueling so I started taking a cookie or two with me for the 2nd hour of riding between stations. Did just fine after that. As far as a training ride, I might do an 80 durning the week before this ride and then do the 80 mile leg of this ride instead. That way I could avoid the worst of the traffic and I would be able to ride with my husband and treat this ride more like a bike tour. Stop and take photos of the scenery and such.
Post race
Warm down:

Stretched and had 1.5 beers, ate.

Event comments:

Great ride. Very well organized. Loved it.

Last updated: 2011-05-22 12:00 AM
Biking
09:18:00 | 150 miles | 16.13 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Rode easy on the first 30. Jumped on some groups going by for awhile, but the lines were never very well organized so tried to get out on my own ASAP! Tried to keep HR in the 140's all day. Knew this ride was a little long for a final training ride but really wanted to do it so really tried to take it easy. Allowed myself 10 min. at each aid station except for lunch which was 20 min.
Wind: Some
Course: Start Sandpoint ID. North on Hwy 95 to Bonners Ferry, east on Hwy. 2 to Troy. A little past Troy, south on hwy. 56 to hwy. 200, west on 200 back to Sandpoint.
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Average Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right