Montgomery County road Runners
7F / -14C
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 46m 10s
Overall Rank = 1055/
Age Group = M50-54
Age Group Rank = 98/99
Pre-race routine:

This report is for my database of races to document how badly I imploded in 2010 with weight gain and lack of training. I'll be back in 2011!

After my very successful first Olympic Triathlon in Sepetember 2009, I went on an eating and beer free-for-all, and it affected the ability to do any serious training. Even though I was involved in the Speed and Development, and half marathon programs, the ever increasing weigh gain that I had lost in 2009 took its toll on ability to run.
Event warmup:

It was pouring rain, so I hid out under the bridge until race time and the rain had stopped.
Run
  • 2h 46m 10s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 12m 41s  min/mile
Comments:

I just wanted to do this race hoping that it would kick-start me out of my diet and training meltdown of 2010. It didn't.

I enjoyed this race. I trained for it as part of a club, but I could not keep with it due to my weight gain. The RCP trail can be kind of narrow at spots, but since I was way in the BOP, never had any problems with crowding. Had a good strategy of trying to run it as much as possible, but walking when I felt tired, or my HR maxed out.
What would you do differently?:

Not gain weight and train. I might do this again, but triathlons have a priority.
Post race
Warm down:

Got some food, but after I finished, it started pouring rain again, so I just wanted to go home.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

weight, lack of training, Beer

Last updated: 2010-04-16 12:00 AM
Running
02:46:10 | 13.1 miles | 12m 41s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/99
Overall: 0/
Performance: Below average
Course: Start from Rockville Metro down the Rock Creek Trail to Bethesda Up and down on the trail, but nothing too major.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes