General Discussion Race Reports! » 2010 Palisades / Will Rogers 5 & 10K Run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

2010 Palisades / Will Rogers 5 & 10K Run - Run10k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Pacific Palisades, California
United States
72F / 22C
Sunny
Total Time = 43m 35s
Overall Rank = 66/983
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 13/82
Pre-race routine:

Just drove down to the race site and got a ticket on PCH for 61 mph in a 45 mph zone....so lame. I didn't even know I was speeding. At least if I get a ticket, I want to know I was doing something wrong. This was like a wasted ticket. I'm just cruising down the road and all of the sudden, I'm being pulled over...I was like, ummm, ok. Didn't really care about the ticket, I just didn't want to be late. But the Sheriff was totally cool and busted it out in like 2 minutes. Found a place to park and picked up the bibs.
Event warmup:

Ashley, Casey and I just jogged around the park to get some blood flowing. We arrived at the start like 5 minutes before the gun and couldn't squeeze into line. So, the decision was made to wait for the start and hold off on running past the timers till everyone had gone...huge mistake.
Run
  • 43m 35s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 07m 01s  min/mile
Comments:

Started off and had to weave through a sea of baby strollers, dogs, bicycles, little kids, you name it. The first mile is all downhill and you need to pin it there to really get a good time. First mile was barely under 7 minutes...yeah, that wasn't going to cut it. So at that point, I just thought a nice steady effort was in order. I knew I wasn't going to really run a good time because of the previous weekend's training. Totally ok with that. Started to get a little hot and decided to splash myself with water...mistake...all that did was make me completely wet..lol. Didn't really cool me off at all.

On the second downhill, I was passed by my buddy Joe, who had the same start philosophy. He was pulling away until the first real steep uphill. I caught him back up on the uphill and stayed with him until the next downhill. Then he pulled away again. I simply don't have the leg speed right now. I have some power but no speed. Finished strong up the last uphill....felt good.
What would you do differently?:

This race was just for fun..not going to read too much into it.
Post race
Warm down:

Nothing

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Prior weekend's training

Last updated: 2011-07-03 12:00 AM
Running
00:43:35 | 06.21 miles | 07m 01s  min/mile
Age Group: 13/82
Overall: 66/983
Performance: Average
Course: Very hilly...nuff said
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Too hard
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2011-07-05 4:55 PM

User image

Master
Westlake Village , Ca.
Subject: 2010 Palisades / Will Rogers 5 & 10K Run
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » 2010 Palisades / Will Rogers 5 & 10K Run Rss Feed