Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » World's toughest mudder Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2011-07-12 10:16 AM

Subject: World's toughest mudder
I know this isnt a triathlon but....

There is a race/obstacle course called "Tough mudder", it's about ~15km long and full of obstacles. At the end of the year, the top 5% of finishers from all the Tough Mudder races can compete in the "World's Toughest Mudder", it's a 24hr race, where you perform as many laps as you can, after every lap you do have the option of warming up in your tent (It's in December in NJ) and eating/resting.

They also have "wildcard" spots, where they perform a random draw for qualifying spots, well it so happens I won one of these spots. I'm quite excited to attempt this, but having only ever run a couple races (10k run, 5k run, Sprint Triathlon, 5k warrior dash) I'm not sure if it's realistic for me to sign up and attempt to compete in this race in 5 months, just looking for some thoughts and opinions, it's a one time chance, and I fear I'll regret not doing it, I'm committed to the training, and like that it gives me something big to aim for.

This is the promo for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFIQjZfIAWM/>
P.S. It's an american race, I posted here since I'm from Ontario

2011-07-12 12:44 PM
in reply to: #3592553

User image

Veteran
Elmira, ON
Subject: RE: World's toughest mudder

That is awesome!

You only live once man, go for it!  The race sounds a lot like the "death race" from the spartan race series.   Train hard, maybe start a lil crossfit or something too!

Wow....I'm actually jealous!

2011-07-12 12:53 PM

User image

There is always next year in Toronto:

Toronto | Tough Mudder

2011-07-12 2:25 PM

TheCrownsOwn: Thanks! That's how I've been thinking about it, the odds of me winning a position again aren't too likely! Crossfit is a good idea, I know there's a place near me, maybe I'll try it out.

Winter_Mute: Tough mudder will be in Toronto next year, yes, but what I'm talking about is the "WORLDS toughest mudder" (the year-end competition of all the top winners of previous tough mudders) it's 28 hours long, performing as many laps of the course as possible, instead of the 1 lap required of normal tough mudders.
2011-07-12 8:21 PM

User image

You always miss 100% of the opportunities you do not take!

Go and have a riot!

2011-07-13 7:34 AM
in reply to: #3593132

User image

Winter_Mute: Tough mudder will be in Toronto next year, yes, but what I'm talking about is the "WORLDS toughest mudder" (the year-end competition of all the top winners of previous tough mudders) it's 28 hours long, performing as many laps of the course as possible, instead of the 1 lap required of normal tough mudders.

Ahh, I missed that the first time.

Then do it - you'd likely regret missing it.

2011-07-21 11:16 AM

User image

Supersonicus Idioticus
Thunder Bay, ON
It depends.

After hour #6, you probably will be reduced to a snail's pace. Will you be happy looking back saying I did that race for 24 hours knowing you bonked for half of it? If you are like me, I would not be. So at that point, I'd either train for it hard, or let it pass.

If you are the person who enjoys just being at the competition in the first place, then go ahead!

Edited by So Fresh So Clean 2011-07-21 11:23 AM
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » World's toughest mudder Rss Feed