Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Mine Over Matter Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2011-07-13 8:10 AM

User image

Subject: Mine Over Matter

Anyone here planning on doing it?

I'm registered for the Mini.  Really looking forward to it.  Did my first MTB ride of the season in Durham Forest yesterday and had forgotten how much I liked off-road.

2011-07-13 9:38 AM
in reply to: #3594139

User image

Toronto-ish
Subject: RE: Mine Over Matter

Where/what is it?

This is a new one to me.

2011-07-13 11:35 AM

User image

Expert
Port Colborne, Ontario

Planning on doing the full duathlon version.

This year is the 2nd year I believe.

http://www.elementracing.ca/mineovermatter2011.php

Edited by RVachon 2011-07-13 11:36 AM
2011-07-13 1:13 PM

New user
I'll becoming in for the weekend for the mini.
2011-08-25 12:48 PM

New user

Race is this weekend!  See everyone there.

2011-08-28 2:52 PM

User image

Fun race but my run time was way quicker than expected.

2011-08-28 6:42 PM

User image

Filed my race report.
2011-08-29 11:54 AM

New user

??Just read your race report.  Sounds like we both had a good time, andyes, the run seemed a bit fast.  I went to mapmyrun and sure enough, the route for the mini mapped out to be only 3km.  Now my time seems a lot more realistic.

I liked that the event had plenty of timing mats so I could get T1 and T2 times.  Trail was nicely mapped out too.  I didn't like that the bike racks were so packed though. Oh, and the 3km "4k" run at the end.

I had a good time but not a great race.  Went out too fast on the swim and never recovered from it.  Oh well.  Will do again next year.

2011-08-29 12:15 PM
in reply to: #3664037

User image

Stock R - 2011-08-29 12:54 PM

??Just read your race report.  Sounds like we both had a good time, andyes, the run seemed a bit fast.  I went to mapmyrun and sure enough, the route for the mini mapped out to be only 3km.  Now my time seems a lot more realistic.

I liked that the event had plenty of timing mats so I could get T1 and T2 times.  Trail was nicely mapped out too.  I didn't like that the bike racks were so packed though. Oh, and the 3km "4k" run at the end.

I had a good time but not a great race.  Went out too fast on the swim and never recovered from it.  Oh well.  Will do again next year.

Yeah 3km makes my pace what I would expect for how I felt I ran.  Guess they didn't want to turn us around in the trees going up the hill.

There was definitely enough space there to have added some more racks.  In fact I know they had the racks as I saw them sitting on the ground.  I know some of the men moved over to the relay rack just to have more space.  I know I knocked over someones bike putting my bike back on the rack, but the OAT official said not to worry, he'd fix it.

I hope they run it next year,  I found it a great change to the road races.

2011-08-29 12:51 PM
in reply to: #3664081

New user
winter_mute - 2011-08-29 12:15 PM

Yeah 3km makes my pace what I would expect for how I felt I ran.  Guess they didn't want to turn us around in the trees going up the hill.

There was definitely enough space there to have added some more racks.  In fact I know they had the racks as I saw them sitting on the ground.  I know some of the men moved over to the relay rack just to have more space.  I know I knocked over someones bike putting my bike back on the rack, but the OAT official said not to worry, he'd fix it.

I hope they run it next year,  I found it a great change to the road races.

Yah. I was expecting to go further to get to the turnaround.  All the pre-race descriptions included a "hill scramble" that we never ended up encountering.

I was part of the group that ended up in the relay rack since it was empty.  I talked to the OAT official to put my bike there since the men's rack was full.  The OAT guy actually told me "There's still room for at least 6 bikes there".  Yah right.  6 more bikes if you wanted to keep them permanently there for storage.  Pulling 1 bike would cause the remainder to come crashing down.  The guy was pretty much assuming I was a noob just because I was doing the mini. 

I hope the event goes on next year too as there aren't many offroad tri's.  Xterra Mont Tremblant had it's inaugural event this past weekend as well but I didn't want to sign up as the MTB was described as "very technical".  Mine Over Matter is located in a nice and fast spot.

I'm waiting for the official photos to be posted up.  My wife chatted with the main photographer for quite a bit and they seemed to be a great crew.

2011-08-29 1:19 PM
in reply to: #3664190

User image

Stock R - 2011-08-29 1:51 PM

Yah. I was expecting to go further to get to the turnaround.  All the pre-race descriptions included a "hill scramble" that we never ended up encountering.

I think the scramble was the hill coming out of transition.  Undecided

I'm waiting for the official photos to be posted up.  My wife chatted with the main photographer for quite a bit and they seemed to be a great crew.

I'd definitely like to see the photo's.  Being back in the pack there was lots of space around me so no reason not to get good shots.

2011-08-29 1:28 PM
in reply to: #3664282

New user
winter_mute - 2011-08-29 1:19 PM

I think the scramble was the hill coming out of transition.  Undecided

I'd definitely like to see the photo's.  Being back in the pack there was lots of space around me so no reason not to get good shots.

LOL!  There was a hill there?!?!

The race was so sparse there should've been plenty of good photo opportunites.  Although I always make sure to bring Mrs Stock as a personal photographer

2011-08-29 1:49 PM
in reply to: #3664317

User image

My father was along taking pictures for me and his camera went dead just before he was going to take a picture of me crossing the finish line.

Got an email that some photos are up already.  Ones from the transition and the finish line.  Good number of photos and some OK shots.   I saw shooters taking my picture on a corner on the MTB and out around the lake and don't see those.

2011-08-29 3:26 PM
in reply to: #3664372

New user

Depending on whether they could read your plate/arm number, it might be in the unsorted pile.  Just browse through the 6000 pictures and you should find the rest...

My bike out, bike entrance to trails, bike in, run out, and finish photos were all indexed properly or at least most of them.  I'll have to look for my swim ones.

2011-08-30 8:04 PM
in reply to: #3664617

User image

I looked through all the non-indexed pictures and found some of my swim, but nothing else.  I know I saw a photographer take my picture out on trails on  the bike and one on the back ride of the lake on the run, but there is nothing there.  Oh well.

2011-09-01 9:03 AM

User image

Apparently there were two photographer's at the race. 

Decide to check the site for Sports Zone Photography and they were shooting as well.  Still no shots of me, but at least these were in the areas I was missing from the other people.

2011-09-01 10:06 AM
in reply to: #3668783

New user
Thanks.  I found about 4 pics.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Mine Over Matter Rss Feed