General Discussion Race Reports! » Caesar Creek Triathlon - Sprint Course Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Caesar Creek Triathlon - Sprint Course - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Waynesville, Ohio
United States
HFP Racing
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 35m 41s
Overall Rank = 188/316
Age Group = clyde 2, 40+
Age Group Rank = 80/14
Pre-race routine:

Nothing special, arrived signed in and set up transition. Got an end rack to set up on so had plenty of room to move but there were lots of bikes. Smarter idea would have been to have shoes and stuff at fence then just the bike on the rack.
Event warmup:

Reviewed the swim course and walked through T1 and then T2 so I knew the flow of the course.
Swim
  • 15m 39s
  • 820 yards
  • 01m 55s / 100 yards
Comments:

OWS without wetsuit. I did not push hard as I concerned about spotting properly. No issues with this at all. Got some new goggles (aqua sphere) and the extra field of view solved the spotting issue. I also picked a line a bit wide of everyone to avoid the crowd and allow me to just swim the course. It felt good and did not have any worries finishing or "panic" moments dispite a couple near miss gulps of water.
Transition 1
  • 01m 35s
Comments:

No wet suit was definately faster. Perhaps an even trade given slower swim time but I will take it. Had a minor problem with socks onto wet feet but it was minor. Grabed bike and ran out to the course. 3/14 in AG.
What would you do differently?:

Need to find some different socks rather than the two layer ones I currently use. If I could condition feet to no sock running then I can eliminate the issue.
Bike
  • 44m 59s
  • 13.67 miles
  • 18.23 mile/hr
Comments:

The course was a little longer than advertized (22K vs 20K) but the distance was not an issue. The rolling hills were more problematic for me. My legs (engine) did not have the strength to maintain speed) Got encouraged by a guy that said good job Mt. Bike as he passed me. Later got passed by some lady who loudly counted people as she passed them. Thought that was really really rude and unsportsman like. 8/14 in AG

Keep working on building Mt. Bike speed through long hard rides.
Transition 2
  • 01m 39s
Comments:

Legs did not want to run much at dismount line. Got into T2, racked bike the same way as I got it so I lost a little time having to flip bike around, switched shoes and took a quick drink of water and tried to jog out of T2 with little success. 6 of 14

Refine T1 and T2 skills. Practice the T2 transition with progressively longer runs to condition body and mind.
Run
  • 31m 47s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 10m 13s  min/mile
Comments:

I really need to HTFU on the runs! Again my run performance was less than I wanted due to conditioning, and psychological issues due to a mind/body disagreement regarding the run. Mind say go body say walk, Nice thing is that the course had easy to spot land marks to help force the run finally got it all together in last half mile or so to finish in a run.

Actually run the entire course.
Post race
Warm down:

Crossed line and gave up timing chip. Found some shade and took a few deep breaths then got some MuscleMilk for quick protien followed by some event food (PB&J, cookie, bananna and water) Ate and then walked to check time and try to keep loose.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

More training and practice is always good but I am in learning mode and this is still recreational for me. all aspects need improvements but mostly the run.

Event comments:

Nice race, biggest event so far for me. Met some BT folks and had fun dispite learning that I need to work more. Best parts, a smoot swim and faster than before T1 and T2.

Last updated: 2011-06-28 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:15:39 | 820 yards | 01m 55s / 100yards
Age Group: 6/14
Overall: 0/316
Performance:
Suit: None
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 75F / 24C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:35
Performance:
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:44:59 | 13.67 miles | 18.23 mile/hr
Age Group: 8/14
Performance:
Wind: None
Course: 22K vs 20K Not a problem.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:39
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:31:47 | 03.11 miles | 10m 13s  min/mile
Age Group: 9/14
Performance:
Course: Simple out and back run with slight uphill grade for firs half mile but nothing significant. Most of the run was on an exposed levy for a long flat run on dirt which was bacically a single track with runners moving in both directions.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2011-07-13 10:02 PM

User image

Expert
Next to a big lake
Subject: Caesar Creek Triathlon - Sprint Course
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Caesar Creek Triathlon - Sprint Course Rss Feed