Washington, North Carolina
United States
FS Series
Total Time = 2h 39m 48s
Overall Rank = 18/66
Age Group = 30-39
Age Group Rank = 2/16
Pre-race routine:

Coffee, overnight oats and some almond butter. I felt pretty confident about this race, with a 2 mile swim race last weekend and some solid biking I running I had zero nerves...quite a nice change from previous races!

It was pretty stressful getting everyone out the door and to the race site so once I got not transitioned I put Eminem on my ipod and rocked out. That helped me focus and get pumped for the race.
Event warmup:

Swam a bit just before the swim start. I feel this is imperative to a good swim start for me.
Swim
  • 32m 17s
  • 1640 yards
  • 01m 58s / 100 yards
Comments:

I held back a little as I always do but quickly got acclimated and settled in. My sighting was spot on. I was amazed at how well I was doing. I felt good and didn't feel back I was holding back at all. Turning towards the shore, the sun was right in my eyes so that was a challenge but I was still able to keep a pretty nice line to the finish.
Transition 1
  • 01m 17s
Comments:

Pretty happy about this, my aero helmet was a bit tight so I had to loosen it a bit but then I was good.
Bike
  • 1h 12m 29s
  • 23.5 miles
  • 19.45 mile/hr
Comments:

I really wanted to crush this course. The terrain is similar to IMFL (minus the wind) so I wanted to stay in aero as much as possible. I felt a little sluggish at the start so I popped a gel. I took only water on the ride even though I prepared an EFS bottle. I didn't want to get out of aero to drink so I stuck to water out of the aero bottle and that seemed to work well. Had to slow down a couple times to deal with some newb riders but I pressed on. I can upon Scottie and a flat tire around mile 17. I yelled out to him but he told me to keep going. I kept wondering if I should tell someone he was back there but then I realized he was near a volunteer at the next turn so he could walk if need but Luckily he was able to fix his flat.

Overall very happy with this ride, I picked it up when needed and finished with a nice time.
Transition 2
  • 01m 3s
Comments:

Saw Scottie come in just a minute or two after I came into transition, he wasn't feeling the rest of the race but I pretty much yelled at him to keep going.
Run
  • 52m 43s
  • 6.2 miles
  • 08m 30s  min/mile
Comments:

I felt super slow at the start of this run. I knew it was going to be hella hot and it was. I took a gel with me and slowly took bites of it for the first mile. I suck to water for the run and took advantage of the ice towels at the turn around (heaven!) I felt pretty solid but was afraid to pick up the pace at all because I felt my stomach could turn at any minute. I did not want to deal with nausea. I was pretty much in my zone and missed seeing people on the run even though this was a great course to see your competitors. Somehow I kept it up and finished feeling pretty spent by the end (but I guess that's a good thing!)
Post race
Warm down:

I was a bit dizzy at the end but Alan (or Louis I can't remember) got me a Coke and some water. I am not a soda drinker at all but the sugar tasted amazing! I inhaled a few cups of water, sipped on the Coke and found some shade. Our friend Michele brought chocolate milk and I drank that while I laid down to compose myself. I never felt ill but the heat and the hard effort definitely started to catch up to me.

I saw Scottie finish and we all hung out before packing up and waiting for awards (2nd age group finish woot!)

Event comments:

Love the FSSeries guys. There were some kinks in the race but overall a great event as usual.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2011-04-13 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:32:17 | 1640 yards | 01m 58s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/16
Overall: 0/66
Performance:
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:17
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:12:29 | 23.5 miles | 19.45 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:03
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:52:43 | 06.2 miles | 08m 30s  min/mile
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2011-08-02 6:03 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Raleigh, NC
Subject: Washington Olympic Triathlon

2011-08-02 6:39 PM
in reply to: #3626271

User image

Elite
Raleigh
Subject: RE: Washington Olympic Triathlon
Way to go! You are gonna rock IMFL!
2011-08-03 10:50 AM
in reply to: #3626271

User image

Extreme Veteran
In front of computer when typing this.
Subject: RE: Washington Olympic Triathlon
Great job Jennifer. It was really nice seeing you guys out there! Keep up the good work...you're gonna dominate Florida :-)
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Washington Olympic Triathlon Rss Feed